- Posts: 41
- Thank you received: 1
Create a kind of filter
- motocasionweb
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
7 years 11 months ago #300170
by motocasionweb
Create a kind of filter was created by motocasionweb
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.0.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.8
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.29
Hello! I just installed hikashop business to do some filters for my website. I want to make some filters like the ones that appear here:
They are for a website of motorcycles, I want that when you enter a product you fill in some personalized fields of "brand", "model", "type", "carnet" and search for each one of the filters or for all of them at the same time. The problem is that I do not know how to do it. If someone can help me I would appreciate it.
Thanks.
Regards.
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.8
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.29
Hello! I just installed hikashop business to do some filters for my website. I want to make some filters like the ones that appear here:
This message contains confidential information
They are for a website of motorcycles, I want that when you enter a product you fill in some personalized fields of "brand", "model", "type", "carnet" and search for each one of the filters or for all of them at the same time. The problem is that I do not know how to do it. If someone can help me I would appreciate it.
Thanks.
Regards.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
7 years 11 months ago #300192
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Create a kind of filter
Hi,
You would first have to create one custom field of the table "product" via the menu Display>ustom fields for each dropdown with all the possible values.
Then, in each product, you would select the value for each custom field.
Then, in the Display>Filters menu, you would create one filter for each custom field with the "submit on click" and the "dynamic display" setting activated.
Finally, in the settings of the menu item displaying the listing of all your products, you can check that the "filters" display setting is activated so that it can display the filters at the top of the products listing in a similar fashion.
You would first have to create one custom field of the table "product" via the menu Display>ustom fields for each dropdown with all the possible values.
Then, in each product, you would select the value for each custom field.
Then, in the Display>Filters menu, you would create one filter for each custom field with the "submit on click" and the "dynamic display" setting activated.
Finally, in the settings of the menu item displaying the listing of all your products, you can check that the "filters" display setting is activated so that it can display the filters at the top of the products listing in a similar fashion.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- motocasionweb
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 41
- Thank you received: 1
7 years 11 months ago #300232
by motocasionweb
Replied by motocasionweb on topic Create a kind of filter
Hello! thanks for your answer. I did all that you said and now only shows the name of the filter but don't show the values of each custom field (filter). You can check this here :
Thanks.
Regards.
This message contains confidential information
Thanks.
Regards.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
7 years 11 months ago #300233
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Create a kind of filter
Hi,
It's probably because of the type of your custom fields and the fact that you didn't enter the values in the custom fields. They should be of a type like radio, or checkbox, or single dropdown, or multiple dropdown, but not "text" or "text area".
Could you provide screenshots of the settings of your custom fields ?
It's probably because of the type of your custom fields and the fact that you didn't enter the values in the custom fields. They should be of a type like radio, or checkbox, or single dropdown, or multiple dropdown, but not "text" or "text area".
Could you provide screenshots of the settings of your custom fields ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- motocasionweb
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 41
- Thank you received: 1
7 years 11 months ago #300275
by motocasionweb
Replied by motocasionweb on topic Create a kind of filter
Hi. My custom fields are texts that must be entered and then displayed in a simple drop-down. I have created the custom fields "brand", "model", "type" and "carnet". They are filled for each product and then I want the filters to show them in a simple drop-down.
This is how I want them to show:
This is how I configured the custom field "brand" ("marca" in spanish):
And this is how I configured the filter "brand":
Hopefully this can help solve the problem.
Thank you very much,
Regards.
Carol.
This is how I want them to show:
This is how I configured the custom field "brand" ("marca" in spanish):
And this is how I configured the filter "brand":
Hopefully this can help solve the problem.
Thank you very much,
Regards.
Carol.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
7 years 11 months ago #300280
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Create a kind of filter
Hi,
You won't be able to do what you want with filters of the type "text". You first need to change the type of the custom field and enter all the possible values in the custom field, as I said previously. Then, you can select the value you want in each product.
You won't be able to do what you want with filters of the type "text". You first need to change the type of the custom field and enter all the possible values in the custom field, as I said previously. Then, you can select the value you want in each product.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- motocasionweb
-
Topic Author
- Offline
Less
More
- Posts: 41
- Thank you received: 1
7 years 10 months ago #300335
by motocasionweb
Replied by motocasionweb on topic Create a kind of filter
Hello, what I want is that when you register a motorcycle in the system, enter your brand, your model, your type and your drive license and then, those data are shown at the drop-down filters "brand" "model" "type" "drive license". Do you want to say that this is not possible?
Thanks again.
Best regards.
Thanks again.
Best regards.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
7 years 10 months ago #300337
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Create a kind of filter
Hi,
You first need to enter all the possible brands, models, types and drive licenses in the these three custom fields.
Then, when someone register a motorcycle in the system, he just has to select the brand, model, type and drive license.
If the brand/model/type/drive license is not already in the possible values of the custom fields, you first need to add them there and then create the product.
You first need to enter all the possible brands, models, types and drive licenses in the these three custom fields.
Then, when someone register a motorcycle in the system, he just has to select the brand, model, type and drive license.
If the brand/model/type/drive license is not already in the possible values of the custom fields, you first need to add them there and then create the product.
The following user(s) said Thank You: motocasionweb
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
7 years 10 months ago #300423
by web-itc
Replied by web-itc on topic Create a kind of filter
Hello
I need to create a website for a shop selling all kind of games. On the shop page they want to have a filter based on several kinds of fields.
For example:
Game A :
I need to create a website for a shop selling all kind of games. On the shop page they want to have a filter based on several kinds of fields.
For example:
Game A :
- for 2-4 players
- for players aged 9 years to 12 years
- play time: 30-45 minutes
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
7 years 10 months ago #300428
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Create a kind of filter
Hi,
Well, that's exactly what the filter system is meant for. So you'll be able to do it with the same instructions I gave to "motocasionweb".
I see that you're using HikaShop Essential, however the filter system is only available with the Business edition. So you'll first have to upgrade via the link in the My account>My subscriptions menu of our website.
Well, that's exactly what the filter system is meant for. So you'll be able to do it with the same instructions I gave to "motocasionweb".
I see that you're using HikaShop Essential, however the filter system is only available with the Business edition. So you'll first have to upgrade via the link in the My account>My subscriptions menu of our website.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.241 seconds