Create a kind of filter

• Thank you received: 1
5 years 4 months ago #300170

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.0.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.8
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.29

Hello! I just installed hikashop business to do some filters for my website. I want to make some filters like the ones that appear here:

This message contains confidential information

They are for a website of motorcycles, I want that when you enter a product you fill in some personalized fields of "brand", "model", "type", "carnet" and search for each one of the filters or for all of them at the same time. The problem is that I do not know how to do it. If someone can help me I would appreciate it.

Thanks.

Regards.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
5 years 4 months ago #300192

Hi,

You would first have to create one custom field of the table "product" via the menu Display>ustom fields for each dropdown with all the possible values.
Then, in each product, you would select the value for each custom field.
Then, in the Display>Filters menu, you would create one filter for each custom field with the "submit on click" and the "dynamic display" setting activated.
Finally, in the settings of the menu item displaying the listing of all your products, you can check that the "filters" display setting is activated so that it can display the filters at the top of the products listing in a similar fashion.

5 years 4 months ago #300232

Hello! thanks for your answer. I did all that you said and now only shows the name of the filter but don't show the values of each custom field (filter). You can check this here :

This message contains confidential information

Thanks.

Regards.

5 years 4 months ago #300233

Hi,

It's probably because of the type of your custom fields and the fact that you didn't enter the values in the custom fields. They should be of a type like radio, or checkbox, or single dropdown, or multiple dropdown, but not "text" or "text area".
Could you provide screenshots of the settings of your custom fields ?

5 years 4 months ago #300275

Hi. My custom fields are texts that must be entered and then displayed in a simple drop-down. I have created the custom fields "brand", "model", "type" and "carnet". They are filled for each product and then I want the filters to show them in a simple drop-down.

This is how I want them to show:

This is how I configured the custom field "brand" ("marca" in spanish):

And this is how I configured the filter "brand":

Hopefully this can help solve the problem.

Thank you very much,

Regards.

Carol.

Attachments:

5 years 4 months ago #300280

Hi,

You won't be able to do what you want with filters of the type "text". You first need to change the type of the custom field and enter all the possible values in the custom field, as I said previously. Then, you can select the value you want in each product.

5 years 4 months ago #300335

Hello, what I want is that when you register a motorcycle in the system, enter your brand, your model, your type and your drive license and then, those data are shown at the drop-down filters "brand" "model" "type" "drive license". Do you want to say that this is not possible?
Thanks again.

Best regards.

5 years 4 months ago #300337

Hi,

You first need to enter all the possible brands, models, types and drive licenses in the these three custom fields.
Then, when someone register a motorcycle in the system, he just has to select the brand, model, type and drive license.

If the brand/model/type/drive license is not already in the possible values of the custom fields, you first need to add them there and then create the product.

The following user(s) said Thank You: motocasionweb

• Thank you received: 0
5 years 4 months ago #300423

Hello

I need to create a website for a shop selling all kind of games. On the shop page they want to have a filter based on several kinds of fields.
For example:
Game A :

• for 2-4 players
  • for players aged 9 years to 12 years
  • play time: 30-45 minutes
Then when the customer is looking for a type of game, he can select the age, the number of players, ... the site filters all games that are not relevant and he sees only what is relevant to him

5 years 4 months ago #300428

Hi,

Well, that's exactly what the filter system is meant for. So you'll be able to do it with the same instructions I gave to "motocasionweb".
I see that you're using HikaShop Essential, however the filter system is only available with the Business edition. So you'll first have to upgrade via the link in the My account>My subscriptions menu of our website.

Time to create page: 0.096 seconds