• Thank you received: 21
  • Hikashop Business
4 years 6 months ago #311160

-- url of the page with the problem -- : jouwnaambord.nl/naambordjes
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.2.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.11
-- PHP version -- : 7.3

Hi,

When using a filter and browsing to another page, the selected filteritem is still active when revisiting the same page with the filter. The filter can't be removed, it only is cleared after a hard refresh of the page. I tried another (default) template, but the issue remains.

jouwnaambord.nl/naambordjes

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13064
4 years 6 months ago #311163

Hi,

Turn on the "redirect POST mode" setting of the HikaShop configuration and that should avoid the filters selection from being saved.

• Hikashop Business
4 years 6 months ago #311216

Thanks, this solved the problem. Still the filter won't reset after browsing to the next page of the filter results.

f.e. jouwnaambord.nl/naambordjes?limitstart=8...iaal_13=246&filter=1

Last edit: 4 years 6 months ago by michelpouli.

4 years 6 months ago #311218

Hi,

I'm not following you. Why would you want the filters to reset when you change the current page of the pagination of the search results ? If we did that, you wouldn't be able to access the other pages of the search results.

• Hikashop Business
4 years 6 months ago #311237

Hi Nicolas,

I see what you mean, but what if a visitor decides he/she wants to see other options/products during browsing the other pages? The only solution now would be to hit the menulink to the orignal page again, but that's not very userfriendly and as I can see in hotjar most visitors do not understand this step.

• Thank you received: 610
4 years 6 months ago #311241

Hello,

Maybe you can then use the reset button, that you can switch from Main HikaShop Configuration, Features tab, then Filter part :

Regards

• Hikashop Business
4 years 6 months ago #311292

Hello Philip,

Unfortunately this is not working.

4 years 6 months ago #311300

Hi,

So if I understand correctly, the issue you have is that the reset button or the "delete" icon of the filters don't work properly on your website (at least, that's what I see when I try using the "delete" icon of a filter on your website).
I would say that this might be because you don't have all the latest patchs. Try to download the install package of HikaShop on our end and install it on yours.
If that doesn't help, I'm afraid we'll need a backend and FTP access to be able to look into the situation.
In that case, please use our contact form to provide it along with a link to this thread:
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html

• Hikashop Business
4 years 6 months ago #311330

I have installed the latest version, but that didn't help. I've sended you the login by contactform.

4 years 6 months ago #311358

Hi,

We got the backend access but not the FTP access. Could you also provide that ?
Regarding our IP address, yes, it's still the same one.

4 years 6 months ago #311396

Hi,

After checking the situation on your website and doing some debugging, I conclude that you have some mechanism on your website/server which redirects / modify the URLs on the fly (like a htaccess can do).
Because of that, the URLs to refresh the filter module areas don't retrieve the new HTML to refresh the area and thus it falls back on the previous HTML.
That's why, when you access the page jouwnaambord.nl/naambordjes and use a checkbox of the Materiaal filter, you don't get the selected element with the cross icon, and similarily, when you access the page jouwnaambord.nl/naambordjes?limitstart=8...iaal_13=246&filter=1 and use the cross icon, the filter module doesn't display the checkboxes with all the choises, and revert to the previous display.

So I would recommend fixing the issue with the thing on your website/server which does that. But I don't know what it is.
Alternatively, an easy solution would be to turn off the "deletable filter" setting of your filter. That way, you would always get the checkboxes and even without the filter module area refreshing, it would still work as if it was normal.

The following user(s) said Thank You: michelpouli

• Hikashop Business
4 years 6 months ago #311447

Hi Nicolas,

Thanks, I found the plugin that was causing this (canonical). Problem solved!

Time to create page: 0.087 seconds