Product can only be assigned to a limited extent in the filter field

• Thank you received: 12
  • Hikashop Business
2 years 3 weeks ago #340590

Hi there,

I have created various filters to simplify the product search. Unfortunately, I have the problem that with one filter (not with the others!) the products can only be assigned to a limited extent, although several assignments should be possible.

By assignment I mean: Selection of the options when creating the product, so that when using the filter, it can display the results correctly.

My approach:
1. Creation of a field with the options.

2. Applying the filter

3. Mapping the options in the product

4. After saving, only 3 options are accepted!!!

With the other filters/fields it works without problems. I have already compared these point by point, but could not see any differences in the settings.

Does anyone have an explanation for this?

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
2 years 3 weeks ago #340591

Hi,

The comma character is used as a separator for the different values selected.
So if a field value has a comma, then the system will think they are two different values selected. It's actually used by some users to have a selection of several values at once.
So You have several options:
- you can use

instead of
in the "Value" column
- you could actually use numbers or anything you want in that "Value" column since what is displayed to the user is the text in the "Title" column and what is saved in the database in what is in the "Value" column.
- you could use translation keys for both values and titles and then add these translation keys as translation overrides:
www.hikashop.com/download/languages.html#modify
The adavantage of that last option is that if you need to add other languages in your website in the future, you'll just have the add the translation overrides for the custom fields so it will be easier.

• Thank you received: 12
  • Hikashop Business
2 years 6 days ago #340965

Hello Nicolas,

Thank you for your help.

Yes, the problem was that I entered texts with comma here. I've now tried something else and found the solution for me that the comma in the value area has to be left out, which isn't a problem because it isn't displayed in the frontend. In the title, which is displayed both in the frontend and when creating the product, commas can be entered without any problems.

Great, one less problem!

• Thank you received: 13069
2 years 5 days ago #340966

Hi,

Yes. That's what I was trying to explain in the second solution point of my previous message :)

Time to create page: 0.091 seconds