"Display limited to" is not working in frontend?

• Thank you received: 26
  • Hikashop Business
1 year 10 months ago #342355

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.6.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.10.9
-- PHP version -- : 8

Hi,
If I set a custom fields to be displayed limited to other field, this is not applied for fronted?
I have create 5 cusotom fields
1) Producer: Samsung, Huawei, iPhone
2) Model samsung: (samsung A20, samsung j4) Display limited to custom field 1 if = samsung
3) Model huawei: ( P30, P30 LITE) Display limited to custom field 1 if = huawei
4) Model iphone: ( iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus) Display limited to custom field 1 if = iPhone
5) Component: (Display, Battery, case)
All 5 fields are visible in the frontend.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13062
1 year 10 months ago #342369

Hi,

What you're pointing at in your screenshot are filters, not custom fields. While you have a setting in filters to use the values of custom fields, there is no mechanism for filters' display to be limited based on what is selected in other filters.

What you can do is to activate the "dynamic display" setting of the filters. That way, each filter will only display the avaliable values based on what is selected in other filters. However, this means that instead of having three custom fields and three filters for the model selection, you should only have one model custom field with all the values, and then one filter on that custom field. With the "dynamic display" setting activated in that filter, it will automatically only display the values of the selected producer.

• Thank you received: 26
  • Hikashop Business
1 year 10 months ago #342425

Hi,
Yes nicolas, I know they are filters, but I thought that it will inherit some of the field settings. It will be nice to have this options in Hikashop, you can check this demo of DJ classifieds here .

Attachments:
Last edit: 1 year 10 months ago by oxido.

• Thank you received: 13062
1 year 10 months ago #342427

Hi,

Well, filters are not necessarily on custom fields, they can be on categories, on other fields, on the price, etc.
So I think it would make more sense to have an extra option in the filters to be able to do that.

The following user(s) said Thank You: oxido

Time to create page: 0.048 seconds