• Thank you received: 4
1 year 9 months ago #343407

**Please delete this topic** I resubmitted it under the search/filter category
-- url of the page with the problem -- : shop.cwpoolsandspas.com
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.6.1
-- Joomla version -- : 4.1.5
-- PHP version -- : 8.0.17
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Edge 98.0.1108.56

My filter module includes a long list of Brands that I'd prefer to collapse into a dropdown. But when I change the brand filter from a checkbox to dropdown the "enter key" no longer submits the form from the text field. The entire filter fieldset still works if the user clicks the "filter" button but a user should still be able to hit enter after entering text to submit the form.

I inspected the page and noticed that when a filter is changed to dropdown the form element and a hidden element are different

(No dropdown filter and enter key works fine)
<input type="hidden" name="return_url" value=" shop.cwpoolsandspas.com/index.php/search...&filter_Brand_1= ">

(With dropdown filter, enter key stops working)
<form action=" shop.cwpoolsandspas.com/index.php/search " method="post" name=hikashop_filter_form_module_130" onsubmit="window.hikashop.refreshFilters(this); return false;" data-container-div="hikashop_filter_form_moduel_130" enctype="multipart/form-data">
<input type="hidden" name="return_url" value=" shop.cwpoolsandspas.com/index.php/search ">

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.

Attachments:
Last edit: 1 year 9 months ago by Philip.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 611
1 year 9 months ago #343411

Hello,

First, check that in your Filter entry that you have activated the Submit on click option in the EXTRA INFORMATION part.
This option have to trigger the search just after a selection in your filter entry (dropdown or not)

If this option is activated, there are an issue, then provide these elements :
- your entry settings screenshot
- An Url link where we can experience your issue (with the dropdown activated)

Awaiting your elements to progress on your subject.
Regards

1 year 9 months ago #343423

Working URL: (typing in the search field and then hitting enter submits the form)
shop.cwpoolsandspas.com/index.php/search

Broken URL: (typing text in the search field and hitting enter does nothing)
shop.cwpoolsandspas.com/index.php/cat/6

The only difference between the Hikashop Filter Component is on the broken URL the "By Sub-Category" dropdown filter is visible. If I changed the "By Sub-Category" to a checkbox then it'll work on the broken page.

Attachments:

1 year 9 months ago #343431

hello,

Did you process the test with your filter "By brand" with the "Submit on Click" option activated ?
And as previously requested, we need to see your page with the dropdown as it's the condition to see your reported issue otherwise solve your issue will be hard.
Please, you must stick point by point to our indications, except for one reason or another that is not possible.
We have specific ideas in mind, but for that, be specific in your feedback.

Regards

1 year 9 months ago #343438

Yes, the "By brand" "Submit on Click" is now activated and the results are the same for the page with the dropdown. When I type in the text field and hit enter key nothing happens.

• Thank you received: 13069
1 year 9 months ago #343440

Hi,

From what I understand, it looks like a conflict with the Chosen library which converts the dropdowns into chosen dropdowns on the frontend.
Do you have the "use chosen library" setting activated in the HikaShop configuration ?
What if you disable it ?
If it's deactivated and you still have the same look for the dropdown, it might be your template which is loading Chosen on the page for dropdowns.

1 year 9 months ago #343447

I disabled chosen library but don't don't have access to PC to try it. Though it still didn't seem to work from my smartphone. I'm using the LTheme_Swim hikashop template.

1 year 9 months ago #343449

Hello,

Can you confirm that with more elaborate test, and if the issue is still there, then the next step will be to process a test with a default template like ProtoStar.

Awaiting your returns to progress on your subject.
Regards

1 year 9 months ago #343453

It works after disabling Chosen Library. Thank you for helping me troubleshoot and resolve.

The following user(s) said Thank You: nicolas

Time to create page: 0.095 seconds