Hikashop Filter Module Dynamic

• Thank you received: 1
1 year 5 months ago #345375

I have add a custom field filter by using Hikashop Filter Module and currently I want the filter option to be displayed based on the user details. I have on the dynamic filter in the setting, but did not achieve what I want.

User will have custom field of school, which users are belongs to which school and the product also under certain school. For example, user 1 belongs to school 1.
product 1 belongs to school 1.
product 2 belongs to school 2.

When I login with user1, I can only view the school 1 filter option. May I know how to do this, is it through the filter API? If yes, which one will be using.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13036
1 year 5 months ago #345381

Hi,

I don't think the filter/custom field combo is the right tool for what you want to do. The filter system allows your users to filter among all the products they have access to, to easily find the products they want.
What you want is to only allow access to some products for each user. For that, you want to place your users into different user groups in the Joomla user manager, and then use the "acces level" setting of your products so that users from a specific user group can only see the products they should have access to.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.059 seconds