Text values of the Custom field not display in filters

• Thank you received: 1
  • Hikashop Business
4 months 1 week ago #357758

Hi there,
I have created a custom field as text named Package.
I haved insert the custom field (wit text value) in product details like ex. Packahe: paper -> the text value

I want to add the custom field Package (the filter has text values) in filters, so:
I have created a filter -> with name Package . Type radio button, display dynamics:Yes
The filter not showing.
How to display the custom field in filters with text values ?
Thanks!

Last edit: 4 months 1 week ago by oxygenvisual.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
4 months 1 week ago #357760

Hi,

If the custom product field is of the type "text", then your filter on that custom field also need to be of the type text. And in that case, your customers will be able to search with words they type in the text input field.
If you want the customer to select among a list of values, then the custom field needs to be of the type checkbox or radio or dropdown so that you can provide the list of values in the settings of the custom field.
Then, in each product you can select the values you want for that product in the custom field. Note also that these custom fields have a setting "Allow new values" which you can activate so that you can add extra values directly from the product form if necessary.

• Hikashop Business
4 months 1 week ago #357765

Hi Nicolas
Thanks for your reply.
The problem is that i need a list of text as value. No to type for search. In checkbox can't accept text as value only numbers.
For example to display in filters a list like Packaging: paper, Plastic, metallic etc .
Is it possible to do that ?

4 months 1 week ago #357769

Hi,

I'm not clear on your last message.
You sure can have a filter with a list of values to select from. If you use a filter of the type "checkbox" then the customer can select one or several values for example. Is that wat you're asking ?
Also, I don't understand what you mean by "In checkbox can't accept text as value only numbers."
In HikaShop checkbox custom fields, or checkbox filters, you can use either text or numbers as values. So I'm not sure what you're talking about ?

Last edit: 4 months 1 week ago by nicolas.

• Hikashop Business
4 months 1 week ago #357771

Good morning

the problem is if i put text in value and press save the text value deleted. Only numbers can save.
Please check the screen shot.

Attachments:

4 months 1 week ago #357774

Hi,

Yes, you need to leave the values area empty in the filter. The filter will automatically use the values of the custom field in that case.

The values area in the filter is for when you have a text input field with numbers and you want to provide a range selector in the filter.
For example, if you have a text custom field with values from 0 to 100 entered in the products, you can enter there 20, 40, 60 and 80. Then, the filter will display the choices below 20, 20 to 40, 40 to 60, 60 to 80, above 80. But that only works with numbers, obviously.

• Hikashop Business
4 months 1 week ago #357783

Hi,
Ok thanks!
The only problem is that this custom field with text is not display in filters.
See the screen shot please.

Attachments:

4 months 6 days ago #357785

Hi,

I can see that you've now selected 2 categories in the "categories" setting of the filter. In that case, the filter will only be displayed when looking at products of these 2 categories. If you want that filter to be available everywhere, you want to keep that setting empty.
Also, you need to make sure that your Tunoc custom field has values configured in it. If there are no values configured in it yet, then the filter won't appear.
Finally, if your filters area is not displayed by the products listing menu item, but by the HikaShop filter module, the filter needs to be selected in the settings of the module for it to be displayed by the module.

Time to create page: 0.087 seconds