Text filter not finding products

• Thank you received: 4
  • Hikashop Business
4 months 6 days ago #357780

-- url of the page with the problem -- : kiteoutlet.eu
-- HikaShop version -- : 5.0.2
-- Joomla version -- : 4.4.1
-- PHP version -- : 8.1

Because I would like to show the products in my shop with images when a user searches for something I want to try using the Hikashop filters instead of/in addition to the Joomla smart search. I have set up a single text filter and a Hikashop filtering module to display the filter in, that is located in the sidebar of my page on all category pages.

I think I have the filter set up correctly by having it filter by the main product category and including all sub categories, and applying it on the product_name field. However, when I use the filter no products or in some cases only some products are shown.

For example when I type the word 'aluula' into the text filter and click the 'filter' button I get the message that no products were found. However, there are several products in the shop with this word in the name, that can be navigated to and bought via the shop category menu and can be found with the smart search. As another example, when I search for the word 'sabfoil' with the text filter, 23 product results are shown by the filter, but there are far more products published in the shop that have this word in their title.

How is it possible that the text filter does not find the products that are published in the shop?
I have attached screenshots with the settings for my filter end filter module.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Hikashop Business
4 months 6 days ago #357781

I have done some more testing and I think I figured something out. It looks like the filters only filter for products that are present within the product (sub) category you are currently in. This means that it can only find products that fall within that specific category. Is that correct?
This would mean that, with my settings, the filter can only find kites with the word 'aluula' in the title when I am inside the 'kites' category at the time when I use the filter; and it will find none when I use the filter when I am currently displaying the category 'boards' (as there are no boards in my shop with this word in their title).

If the filter works like this, it is not suitable as a replacement for the site wide smart search. Is there a setting somewhere that allows the filter to search for all products in the shop, no matter which category page you are currently displaying?

• Thank you received: 13071
4 months 6 days ago #357784

Hi,

Filters can work both ways.
It's just a matter of settings.
Right now, while you have activated the "force redirect" setting, you left the "menu" setting empty in the settings of your filter module.
In that case, or if the "force redirect" setting is turned off, the filter module will filter the products of the current products listing. So if the current products listing only contains the products of a specific category, the filter will only filter products of that category.

What you want to do is first to make sure that you've configured a menu item of the type "products listing" which can displays all the products of your shop when accessed. You can do so via the Joomla menu manager.
Then, in the menu setting of the filter module, select that menu item in the "menu" setting.
That way, instead of using the current products listing when using the filter module, the system will redirect the filtering to the menu item configured in that setting, and thus displaying the results based on all the products of the shop.

• Hikashop Business
4 months 6 days ago #357795

Hi Nicolas,
Thank you for your explanation. That makes sense.

However, how can is select the correct menu/menu item? When I put my cursor in the 'Menu' field i the settings for my filter module, there is no pop-up to help select the menu (as there is in the filed above for the selection of the product category). I have tried using the menu item ID number, but this does not change anything in the results for my filter. This also gives the error message 'You are not permitted to use that link to directly access that page (#90).' when saving the settings for the module.

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 13071
4 months 6 days ago #357797

Hi,

The error message you got can be ignored. It's something from joomla which is not really a problem.

Entering the id of the menu item is good, yes.
If you don't see any change, it's possible that you need to clear your website cache. Or maybe it's linked to your template ? If clearing the cache doesn't change anything, try looking for the file templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/html/com_hikashop/product/filter.php via FTP. If you have it, try renaming it in order to deactivate the view override and it should help.

Time to create page: 0.062 seconds