Images have gone away in smart search

• Thank you received: 22
2 weeks 3 days ago #360284

-- url of the page with the problem -- : lebasport.nl/
-- HikaShop version -- : 5.0.4
-- Joomla version -- : 5.0.3
-- PHP version -- : 8.2.16

Hi,
I'm a bit puzzled about missing images in smart search.
As always I don't think any major changes where made but for some reason the images are not shown anymore while searching.
Any suggestions on what I might have missed?

Done a re-index etc. Tried a clean new basic product ...
Latest HikaShop download ... but no luck yet. Must be a silly thing because on another site it's working perfect.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
2 weeks 2 days ago #360288

Hi,

It seems to me that the result page of the search is customized by the template. So try switching temporarily to the default template of Joomla and see if that helps.
If so, it's probably something linked with the template.
Also, check the settings of the smart search component:
blue-coder.com/help/blog/showing-images-...joomla-4-1-and-above
It has a setting to display the images or not.

2 weeks 2 days ago #360295

Hi,

Just to update on my search for the cause.. it's something that looks to be an issue with YOOtheme or a mix of things.
When I switch to Cassiopeia the HikaShop images are back.

I've been going through every setting I could think of (the smart search image setting I had already found).
Until now I'm still puzzled on why it's not working. The only thing I have now is a bunch of errors that look related to smart_search. I'm not technical enough to know where to look on this part but I will try to find someone to help with this.

Will reply with more info when I have some.

Update:
I just found that the indexing process is stopping with an error after about 150 products.
Turning off the HIkaShop finder plugin makes the issue go away but still does not explain the missing images yet.

So now I have something extra to solve :-)

Last edit: 2 weeks 2 days ago by nico.van.leeuwen. Reason: more info

2 weeks 1 day ago #360299

Hi,

1. For the image display issue, I think you should check with your template provider since it works with the default template.

2. For the indexing stopping in the middle, activate the debug of the Joomla configuration and try again. You should get an error message which would allow us to tell you what to do.

2 weeks 1 day ago #360301

hi, I will checkout the issues with the template sure.

About the indexing, this is what I see in the log :

2024-04-14T14:13:34+00:00 CRITICAL 52.167.144.218 error Uncaught Throwable of type Exception thrown with message "Page not found : updatecart". Stack trace: #0 [ROOT]/libraries/src/Dispatcher/LegacyComponentDispatcher.php(71): require_once()
#1 [ROOT]/libraries/src/Dispatcher/LegacyComponentDispatcher.php(73): Joomla\CMS\Dispatcher\LegacyComponentDispatcher::Joomla\CMS\Dispatcher\{closure}()
#2 [ROOT]/libraries/src/Component/ComponentHelper.php(361): Joomla\CMS\Dispatcher\LegacyComponentDispatcher->dispatch()
#3 [ROOT]/libraries/src/Application/SiteApplication.php(218): Joomla\CMS\Component\ComponentHelper::renderComponent()
#4 [ROOT]/libraries/src/Application/SiteApplication.php(261): Joomla\CMS\Application\SiteApplication->dispatch()
#5 [ROOT]/libraries/src/Application/CMSApplication.php(306): Joomla\CMS\Application\SiteApplication->doExecute()
#6 [ROOT]/includes/app.php(58): Joomla\CMS\Application\CMSApplication->execute()
#7 [ROOT]/index.php(32): require_once('/home/xxxxxx...')
#8 {main}

This looks like a normal visitor on the site but still a critical error.

About the finder messages I only see this pretty short message :
Een "finder" plugin heeft een fout gehad.

2 weeks 18 hours ago #360302

Hi,

The error from the log doesn't seem to be linked to the smart search indexing.
This looks like an invalid URL was called on the frontend and the Joomla routing system returned an error because it couldn't find the page for this URL.

Since the indexing happens in AJAX, you probably need to look at the last HTTP request's response using the network tab of your browser's developer tools:
developer.chrome.com/docs/devtools/network

Time to create page: 0.063 seconds