Auction component

• Thank you received: 5
7 years 11 months ago #238167

Hello Mohamed,

I have just done another test. You setup the 'advanced options' in the auction configuration, the first test took for ever to trigger emails. And the second test was not any better.

I have now disabled 'admin tools' and the 'htaccess' file on this temp site. I also created a php file with the following and uploaded to server:

<?php
header("Location: www.afom.org.au/website/index2.php?optio..._hikashop>ask=cron ");
exit();
?>

I have attached an image of the cron setup on the hosting server.

When I am writing this the first auction finished over an hour ago, I am yet to receive the winning/loosing emails.

It is still an issue that the bidders are receiving each others emails.

I really need this auction component to work, my client is waiting for it.

Thanks
Regards
Lene

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 years 11 months ago #238193

I have not yet received the winning/bid lost emails.

• Thank you received: 1778
7 years 11 months ago #238251

Hello,

These 2 issues are weird, no matter what I do on my end I never succeed to reproduce it and receive an email which was belonging to another customer.

1. Regarding the Email issue when we add the email to send to the Queue we also specify the ID of the customer so that kind of issue can only happen if both customer have the same email or if your system is redirecting your customer emails.
I also tested it with both Hikashop / Hikatest users and it worked fine, so could you test it with 2 new Users account with different addresses and describe me how emails are sent ? (when manually launched, the cron worked properly).

2. Regarding the Cron issue, if using the "Lynx" command you should also try it with the "wget"commande :

wget -O /dev/null "http://www.yourwebsite.com/index.php?option=com_hikashop&ctrl=cron" > /dev/null
And if it still not working, you should ask to your hosting company if you can actually use these commands.

7 years 11 months ago #238465

Hi Mohamed,

I just removed the php file, that did not work at all, no emails received. I changed it back to what's listed in your user doc (both lynx and wget), image attached. Tested another auction, did not receive any emails before 15 minutes into the auction. I have set the server cron job to trigger every minute.

Regarding the emails, I am using two different email addresses that goes to two different mail boxes. Today I changed one of them to an email from a different provider, made no difference, image attached. By the looks of it, the emails are distributed to everyone that is in on the auction.

Regards
Lene

Attachments:

7 years 10 months ago #238628

Hello Mohamed,

I really do need your assistance here as I have no idea where to start. As you can see from the email image in my other post, it clearly shows that the email has been sent to both bidders. If you have a look at the user accounts in the backend, it is two users and two different email addresses and they do not go to the same inbox.

The cron is still an issue. The server cron job is triggered every minute, it looks like Hikashop is still using it's own trigger.

I don't know much about the new configuration that you installed/added to the auction component and what effect those numbers has:
Auction status check period - 7200
Auction email check period - 1200

The website is linked to the Hikashop and Hikaauction subscriptions, can there be a confusion there with the cron job?

Regards
Lene

7 years 10 months ago #238958

Hello,

Any solution on getting the auction working as it should? My client is still waiting to get it up and running.

Regards
Lene

7 years 10 months ago #239086

Hello Mohamed,

I have removed the cron from the server and currently running it through the Hikashop server. I cannot see how you are not able to reproduce the email issue. If you setup another user and do an auction bidding with the two users you can see what I mean.

If you can provide me with an email address I can forward you the auction emails that is sent to the same inbox, some addressed to the correct bidder some notifications sent to both bidders.

I have also attached some screenshots from the cron configurations;

cron-1.jpg - says 1 second -> I click on create/edit your cron task
cron-2.jpg - it tells me taht the cron task is still not created
cron-3.jpg - It shows an error triggering the website

The subscription is set to directory /website for both hikashop and hikaauction.

For auction you do need the cron to run more frequently than every 15 minute.

The email issue is critical, cron issue next.

Thanks
Regards
Lene

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 1
7 years 10 months ago #239278

Hello Mohamed,
After the countdown is up to zero if you do not refresh the page, each bidder can make 1 more bid, which is accounted for in the results!

7 years 10 months ago #239490

Hello,

The lack of support and response is very disappointing. There is obviously an issue with the auction component. When I purchased the component I expected a quality product like HikaShop. I am stuck, I have promised my client an auction component for their website and I can still not deliver.

The auction component seems to be pretty new, so most likely you will have issues that comes up as more and more people start using and test the component. From the image that I have posted you can clearly see that there are emails that are addressed to both bidders.

I would appreciate some communication on how to solve this issue.

Thanks
Regards
Lene

• Thank you received: 2322
7 years 10 months ago #239533

Hi,

We are sorry for the delay, Mohamed is currently on holiday and will be back next Monday.
As he is in charge of HikaAuction he will come back to you as soon as possible.

Once again, we are sorry for the inconvenience.

Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by Xavier.

7 years 10 months ago #240379

Hello Mohamed,

I hope you had a nice holiday :) . And I'm sorry that I'm starting to hassle you straight away...

My client is still waiting for the auction to be put live on their website. I really need to get this up and running for them sooner rather than later. The issues are noted in by posts below.

Thank you
Regards
Lene

7 years 10 months ago #240489

Hello !

@lt635

I hope you had a nice holiday :) . And I'm sorry that I'm starting to hassle you straight away...

Yes, thank you ! You're totally right to directly contact us if you are having an issue, we apologize for the delay and any inconvenience this may cause.

1. Regarding the Cron issue, if using "wget" doesn't launch your Cron, then it's probably coming from the fact that :
- You can't use the "wget" command through your server, so you should ask it to your hosting company so that they can confirm it.
- You have a security system plugin which is preventing the "wget" command from launching your Cron, so you should check you system plugins.

2. Regarding your Email issue, can you try to remove every HikaAuction email customization via "Hikashop->System->Emails" and try it again ?
If you still have that issue I'll debug it by using your FTP access and find the reason emails are sent to the 2 bidders, which is particularly weird because HikaAuction only attach 1 email address to the "to".

Thank you.

@ShNatochka

We just fixed it, so you should download the last HikaAuction version through our website, install it and test it again.

Thank you for your feedback !

7 years 10 months ago #241027

Hello Mohamed,

I removed the email customization on all auction emails and tested again. I am still received emails that is address to both bidders, see image attached. The two accounts have different user name, email address and inbox setup.

For the moment the cron is running through Hikashop, I deleted the cron setup on the server. The htaccess file has been disabled and the same goes for admin tools.

If we can first fix the email issue then I will move on and start testing the cron issue.

Thanks
Regards
Lene

Attachments:

7 years 10 months ago #241036

Hello,

From the last test auction... the auction finished at 11.10am, the auction winner and finished notification was received at 12.30pm.

The auction winner notification only went to the winner (Lene - Bigpond ac, user lt635), but the auction finished notification addressed to 'lene' (Lene - Test1 email ac) was received in both inboxes. From the attached image, the email showing should not be in this inbox.

Regards
Lene

Attachments:

7 years 10 months ago #241121

Hello Lene,

I directly debugged it through your website, and even if I add some debug code, some files don't seem to be properly called which can be coming from your website which is "caching" some php file to optimize your website speed.

I checked your Server "PHP Information" and it's probably coming from the "eAccelerator v0.9.6.1-ea", could you disable it so that I can try it again ?

Thank you !

7 years 10 months ago #241146

Hello Mohamed,

The eAccelerator via PHP selector has now been disabled.

Regards
Lene

7 years 10 months ago #241169

Hello Lene,

Thank you now it's better ! I can properly test it so I've done a test with 1 outbid notification and it was properly sent to only "Hikatest", can you test it again so that I can be sure ? You'll just have to do a test auction and then manually launch the cron, and this time it will properly and directly send every emails.

7 years 9 months ago #241526

Hello Mohamed,

I still have the same problem with the emails. The process of what I am doing..

I have two email accounts and two inboxes. I put it 4 bids, two for each user. As you can see from the image attached one of the emails is addressed to both bidders.

Regards
Lene

Attachments:

7 years 9 months ago #241601

Hello Lene,
That's actually weird because even when I check it in your database, HikaAuction emails only have 1 destination email but in your case, the first email is properly sent but the second email is sent to both users.
Disabling the "eAccelerator" fixed your "Cron" issue but the email one is still remaining and is probably coming from a plugin which is interfering with your HikaAuction email delivery.
We'll continue to investigate on that issue and fix it as fast as we can !

7 years 9 months ago #242096

Hello Mohamed,

How are you going with the email issue? My client is asking about the auction and it is quite embarrassing that I don't have it up and running for them yet and I don't have an answer as to when it will be up and running. It is quite a while since I first reported the email issue.

Thanks
Regards
Lene

Moderators: Mohamed Thelji
Time to create page: 0.128 seconds