Bid History Wrong

• Thank you received: 0
6 years 11 months ago #269417

The bid history is not matching the current bid and minimum bid. How can I fix this?

Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 11 months ago by firestax.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 11 months ago #269424

On one of our auctions is doing something else weird. It has bids but still says the price is at the starting bid. We just got this software but have been using Hikashop Business for a long time.

These are both from the same auction.

Attachments:

6 years 11 months ago #269427

and this...check the top 2 bids.

here is my configuration.

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 1778
6 years 11 months ago #269514

Hello,

Here is how the current bidding mode is working :
www.hikashop.com/forum/hikaauction/88228...omponent.html#230047

The current bid will always be equals to :
[0 - 1] bid => The starting price
More than 2 bids => The second (customer) highest bid + bidding increment, the bidder with the highest bid will always be the winner until a customer bid with an higher value.

Also note that the current price will only show the "minimum amount" your customer will have to bid so that his bid can be taken into account. At the end of the auction, the winner will win the auction for amount equals to the second highest bidder max bid.

If it's not how your auction is actually working, then can you give us a temporary back-end access to your website through our contact form so that we can directly test it ?
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html

Thank you.

The following user(s) said Thank You: firestax

6 years 11 months ago #269542

I understand how it is supposed to work but it does not seem to be functioning correctly and there is no way to manually change things. I am sending over admin access. If you would please look at our current auctions and compare the bid numbers to the amount it says and the auction history. Sometimes folks bid the same amount and the price does not increase.

6 years 11 months ago #269547

Hello,

I just checked it on your website, and it seems to be working fine. As I said :

The current price will only show the "minimum amount" your customer will have to bid so that his bid can be taken into account. At the end of the auction, the winner will win the auction for amount equals to the second highest bidder max bid.

Also, the Current price will be set to the second (customer) highest bid + bidding increment, the bidder with the highest bid will always be the winner until a customer bid with an higher value.

For example if you have a product with a starting price of 5€ :
- User 1 bid 40€ => the current price is 5€
- User 2 can bid 5€ => the current price become 5€ + bidding increment.

6 years 11 months ago #269573

I don't think it is correct.

I started this product at £ 10.00 and it has 4 bids with an increment of £ 5.00. Why is it still at £ 15.00 with 4 bidders?

Also how come the 3rd bidder is the same as the second? Also if it is set at increments of 5 then why does it go from 15 to 35 in the auction history?

Attachments:

6 years 11 months ago #269612

Hello,

I started this product at £ 10.00 and it has 4 bids with an increment of £ 5.00. Why is it still at £ 15.00 with 4 bidders?

Because the current price will always be the second highest bid. For example, if that auction finish like this, then the user z***9 will win the auction for a price of $15.
And even if the bid isn't finished, then every use will bid until the reach the price $35 and they will then be the current winner of the auction with a current price set to $35 if "z***9" have the 2 highest bid.

Also how come the 3rd bidder is the same as the second? Also if it is set at increments of 5 then why does it go from 15 to 35 in the auction history?

Because :
- O**S have bid for the starting price : $10 so the current price is $10
- T**e have bid for $15 ; the current price is still $10
- a**e have bid for $15 ; the current price is now $15
- z**9 have bid for $35 ; the current price is still $15 (the second highest bid)

At this point, everyone but z**9 is loosing the auction for $15 and will win the auction when they will bid for an amount higher than $35

6 years 11 months ago #269658

How I thought it worked:
- O**S have bid for the starting price : $10 so the current price is $10
- T**e have bid for $15 ; the current price is $15
- a**e have bid for $20 ; the current price is now $20
- z**9 have bid for $35 ; the current price is now $25 ($5 above the second highest bid)

What is the point of having it show the full bid instead of by the $5 increment in the auction history? I thought they had to bid $5 if you selected 5 as the increment?

6 years 11 months ago #269659

Here is how I want it to work. Is this possible?

The auctions starts at say $10 with a 5 increment.

User1 opens with $10 making the current price $10 with a minimum bid of $15
User2 bids $15 making the current price $15 with a minimum bid of $20
User3 bids $50 making the current price $20 with a minimum bid of $25
User1 bids $25 making the current price $30 with a minimum bid of $35

the auction history should read like this in the increment selected.

User3 $30
User1 $25
User3 $20
User2 $15
User1 $10

I am okay with the auction history as is but the auction should function as I have stated with a minimum bid of 5 above the current price. If someone opens at 10 and then someone bids 15 then the current price should go to 15.

6 years 11 months ago #269661

Otherwise just make the minimum bid 5 above the highest bid.

6 years 11 months ago #269662

Thank you for your time. If you say it is functioning correctly then that is good enough for me.

6 years 11 months ago #269682

Hello,

The auctions starts at say $10 with a 5 increment.

User1 opens with $10 making the current price $10 with a minimum bid of $15
User2 bids $15 making the current price $15 with a minimum bid of $20
User3 bids $50 making the current price $20 with a minimum bid of $25
User1 bids $25 making the current price $30 with a minimum bid of $35

the auction history should read like this in the increment selected.

User3 $30
User1 $25
User3 $20
User2 $15
User1 $10

I am okay with the auction history as is but the auction should function as I have stated with a minimum bid of 5 above the current price. If someone opens at 10 and then someone bids 15 then the current price should go to 15.

We already thought about it but we wanted the first "bidding mode" to be like main bidding platform like Ebay for example, but we actually planned on developing more bidding modes.

6 years 11 months ago #269738

I just want to confirm one more time that our system is functioning correctly. Please look at these screenshots from the same auction.

The current price is at 40...

but there were already 2 bids for 40 and another for 70. SHould it be at at least 45 now?

Attachments:

6 years 11 months ago #269759

Hello,

Yes the current price is again equals to the second highest bid which should be the case.

6 years 10 months ago #269924

I really wish this worked like Ebay where the price goes up on every bid. The way it is now will make the auction site lose money.

For example:

I put an auction up for starting bid of 20. Then someone opened it up with a 20. Then someone bid 25 which is what he was willing to pay. In the end it still went for 20 so now the first guy is saying that he bid 20 and the second guy got it for that price. It should have been 25. That is how Ebay works and you said it was like Ebay. Is there a way I could change the code to do as I need?

this is from a bidder

I have been an ebay auction user importing and fixing old Compaq laptops.
Just a recommendation - you should not be able to see the max bid that someone has placed- that is good for me but not good for a max price in the auction
eg. last night before I went to bed I looked at the auction for the Kakalak Kush beans which I would love to have but didn't bid on as I saw that the max bid was 100 - I would have placed an 80 bid if I had not known the max bid - they sold for 55 which means that you lost the 25 diff between my bid and the selling bid because I didn't bid - it also means that I or you or anyone can force the price up to his or her max bid - if I bid 100 they would win but would have had to pay 100 instead of 55. leaving it the way it is is better for me as I have more information but worse for the auction and your cut.
just trying to help out
much respect, Sam

Attachments:

6 years 10 months ago #269945

Hello,

Is there a way I could change the code to do as I need?

We already planned on adding more mode in the future but sure, to do what you want you'll have to edit the code of the "getAuctionCurrentPrice" function via "administrator\components\com_hikaauction\classes\auction.php" which is responsible of the calculation of the auction current price.
The best solution will be to create a custom function which will retrieve a current price according to your needs through the file "administrator\components\com_hikaauction\classes\auction.php" and then call it.

6 years 10 months ago #269967

How long before the new auction styles?

6 years 10 months ago #270006

Hello,

We don't have any ETA for the moment as actually planned on improving other part of HikaAuction first.

• Thank you received: 2
  • Hikashop Business
5 years 9 months ago #295347

I would love this to work differently as well. We really do lose money and so many participants don't understand how this type of auction works so they think our system is broken. Any ETA on when this mode will be offered?

Moderators: Mohamed Thelji
Time to create page: 0.157 seconds