Wrong current price on outbid notification

• Thank you received: 5
3 years 1 month ago #330763

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.4.1
-- HikaAuction version -- : 3.0.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.25
-- PHP version -- : 7.4.12
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox Mac 78.7.1

I am noticing that when a bidder receives a notification when they are outbid, the part where it reports the current price is one bid behind. For example if my previous bid was $25 and the competing bid was $26, the email tells me "An other buyer has outbid (placed a higher maximum bid) for the product 'J9 Floral Tray',the price is now CAD25.00, you can still outbid! ".

One other small issue: the default message should say "Another" rather than "An other".

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1778
3 years 1 month ago #330813

Hello,

Can you give me more information about how you configured options via "HikaAuction->Configuration" especially "Bidding/Auction modes" options and also show me a screenshot of the bidding history of the auction ? Thank you !

Kind regards,
Mohamed.

3 years 1 month ago #330893

Files attached!

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 1778
3 years 1 month ago #330927

Hello,

I am noticing that when a bidder receives a notification when they are outbid, the part where it reports the current price is one bid behind. For example if my previous bid was $25 and the competing bid was $26, the email tells me "An other buyer has outbid (placed a higher maximum bid) for the product 'J9 Floral Tray',the price is now CAD25.00, you can still outbid! ".

You're right, in "Vickrey auction" mode the outbidding price sent to other customers should be equals to the highest bid.

We've fixed it on our end, so the solution will be to directly edit the file "components\com_hikaauction\controllers\product.php" and change these lines :
			if($amount >= $current_bidding_price && $amount > $maxBid) {
				if($bidding_mode == 'bid_increment_bidding')
					$newPrice = $currencyClass->format($maxBid + $bid_increment, $currency_id);
				else
					$newPrice = $currencyClass->format($maxBid, $currency_id);
By :
			$auction_mode = $auctionConfig->get('auction_mode', 'vickrey_auction');
			$email_price = $maxBid;

if($auction_mode == 'english_auction')
				$email_price = $amount;

if($amount >= $current_bidding_price && $amount > $maxBid) {
				if($bidding_mode == 'bid_increment_bidding')
					$newPrice = $currencyClass->format($email_price + $bid_increment, $currency_id);
				else
					$newPrice = $currencyClass->format($email_price, $currency_id);

One other small issue: the default message should say "Another" rather than "An other".

Thanks for your feedback, we fixed it on our end, you can also edit it through your HikaAuction language file via "HikaAuction->Configuration->Languages"

Kind regards,
Mohamed.

Last edit: 3 years 1 month ago by Mohamed Thelji.

3 years 1 month ago #330959

I think we are on the right track. I am using the English auction. I will test this.

Regarding the language, I had created overrides for AUCTION_EMAIL_OUTBID_MESSAGE, AUCTION_FINISHED_BIDDERS_EMAIL_MESSAGE, and AUCTION_NEW_BID_EMAIL_MESSAGE.

3 years 1 month ago #330973

The emails show the proper current price now, thank you.

Moderators: Mohamed Thelji
Time to create page: 0.076 seconds