Mails not received on bidding

• Thank you received: 1
  • Hikaauction Standard
7 months 1 week ago #355154

-- url of the page with the problem -- : www.mauritiusproducts.com/fr/categories/category/142-encheres
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.6.4
-- HikaAuction version -- : 1.2.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.6.5

Hi,

I don't receive any mail when bid is doing.

Is this problem related to Cron task ?

Regards.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
7 months 1 week ago #355177

Hi,

It's indeed possible. Please make sure that your cron task is running:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/5...cron-task.html#check

• Hikaauction Standard
7 months 1 week ago #355180

Hi,
I clicked on the cron url, and I received mail "HikaShop lancé le 2023-09-18 17:24
Auction PenDuick - Historic Marine validated
1 mail sent"

But when I bid on product, I don't received any mail.

Regards.

7 months 1 week ago #355183

Hi,

Can you check the emails in the System>Emails menu ? There, you have an outibid notification email which will be sent to other people who bid previously on the product if a new bid is better than theirs.

• Hikaauction Standard
7 months 1 week ago #355196

Hi,

I activated "HikaAuction : Auction price changed notification" (see attached file), and I tested a new bid better than the previous.

But still no mail.

Here the link page to testing : www.mauritiusproducts.com/fr/categories/category/142-encheres

Regards.

Attachments:

7 months 1 week ago #355198

Hi,

In recent versions of HikaShop, there is a menu Customers>Emails history where you can check the emails sent by HikaShop. So you can easily see if the emails are being sent. With your version of HikaShop, this has to be done on the email server side, by looking at the logs of the email server. So you would have to contact your hosting provider...
I'm suspecting that the emails are actually being sent but they are rejected as spam or something like that.
I would recommend you to test to bid with several accounts using an email address from www.mail-tester.com/
There, you can check if the emails are received and what kind of emails are received.

• Hikaauction Standard
7 months 1 week ago #355265

Hi,

I deactivated Spam filters on my server account, and tested with different emails (origin and destination side), but it's not better.

I don't know what to do.

Regards.

7 months 1 week ago #355268

Hi,

Well, there is no easy way.
As I said, you would have to check with your hosting to know which emails are sent.

However, I tested it on your website, and I do receive outbid notification emails properly:
i.imgur.com/XRdjE0C.png

• Hikaauction Standard
3 months 1 week ago #358244

Hi,

I come back with this issue, because it's not working well.

When I click on the on the cron url, bid emails are sending.

But it's not send automatically.

When I click on the button Create/Edit your Cron task, I have a message that ask me subscription (see attached files).

Is it normal ?

I'm testing solution to create a cron task on the server. I ask the technician to help me to do that. The CRON task is triggered.
But mails are not send.

About PHP file solution, I'm not sure if it's enough to have this file only, or if I have to do anything else.

Regards.

Attachments:

3 months 1 week ago #358246

Hi,

The HikaShop cron task service is only available with a valid HikaShop Essential or HikaShop Business.
That's why you get that error message when you try to create it.

If you're using HikaAuction with HikaShop Starter (or a HikaShop Essential/Business which expired), you need to setup your cron via different means.
For example, you can use cron-job.org/en/ to trigger the cron URL of HikaAuction periodically.
It's free to use.
Some hosting providers also offer to their customers a way to setup cron tasks via their admin interface.

Of course, you could also renew your HikaShop business to be able to setup the HikaShop cron.

• Hikaauction Standard
3 months 1 week ago #358257

Hi,

But why the CRON task that I created on server doesn't send mails ?

And could you tell me how work thé PHP file solution, please ?
Do I need only PHP file ?

Thanks.

3 months 1 week ago #358259

Hi,

But why the CRON task that I created on server doesn't send mails ?

It's probably that the cron task you created on the server is not created properly. How did you created it ? Could you provide some screenshots ?

And could you tell me how work thé PHP file solution, please ?

Are you talking about :

If you configured your cron task on your own server, check the report of your own cron task and you may also want to apply this workaround:
Create a php file at the root of your joomla website with the code below in it where you will replace yourwebsite.com by your website.
<?php
header("Location: www.yourwebsite.com/index.php?option=com_hikashop&ctrl=cron ");
exit();
Then, instead of calling the hikashop cron page, you will call your php file you just created. Like that, for example:
wget -O /dev/null " www.yourwebsite.com/myfile.php " > /dev/null

?
As explained there, after you created the PHP file, you need to configure the cron task on your server to call that php file, otherwise, nothing will happen. So as I said at the beginning of my message, I think you must have made a mistake in how you configured the cron task on your server.

Note that different hosting providers have different ways of allowing users to create cron tasks for their website. So that's why we can't say exactly how you should do it. For example, if your hosting provider gives you access to a cpanel to administer your server, you can probably configure cron tasks as explained here:
www.a2hosting.com/kb/cpanel/advanced-features/cron-jobs/
If your hosting provider gives you a SSH access to your server, then you can probably do it from there:
www.hostinger.com/tutorials/cron-job
If you're not sure how to do, the best is to check with the support of your hosting provider. They will tell you what's best.

• Hikaauction Standard
3 months 1 week ago #358307

Hi,

I did some tests, but it doesn't work.

I joined some screen shots.

Can you see a problem ?

Thank's

Attachments:

3 months 1 week ago #358313

Hi,

The cron.php URL works fine if I open it manually with my browser.
So either the cron task you created is somehow disabled, or wget is not available on your server, or the user running the cron task doesn't have access to it.
wget is a software which is often available on servers but some hosting providers might not include it.
The best would be to check with your hosting support what they recommend. wget might be unaivalable and you might have to use curl instead.
curl.se/docs/tutorial.html

That's why I first recommended you do it via cron-job.org/en/ It is free and easy to use. It will be way easier than setting up the cron on your server if you're not familiar with the process.

• Hikaauction Standard
3 months 1 week ago #358339

Hi,

Finally, I used cron-job.org, and it works very well !

Thank you for you help.

The following user(s) said Thank You: nicolas

Moderators: Mohamed Thelji
Time to create page: 0.086 seconds