Renewing a subscription without recurring plugins... some doubts

• Thank you received: 8
5 years 5 months ago #299382

Hello,
I am not sure to undestand the following statement from your documentation

Make recurring optional
By default HikaSerial Subscription will ask for recurring plugins when the cart contains a recurring subscription product ("create and renew" / "renew" / "renew or create").
With that option, you can authorize classical payment plugin to be listed in the checkout. The customer could pay with them but he will have to renew manually afterwards.

especially where it says

The customer could pay with them but he will have to renew manually afterwards.

I do not have any recurring plugins, I want all my customer to renew their subscriptions manually by clicking the "renew" link and making a normal purchase. I haven't tested yet the whole workflow but does that statement means that AFTER paying for the renew order the customer would have to go back to his c-panel and manually renew the subscription?

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
5 years 5 months ago #299386

Hello,

So you have to make the recurring optional so "create/renew" products won't ask for a recurring plugin during the checkout.
Then, your customer would be able to create new subscriptions and renew them by using the same product in your store.
Otherwise you can have a "create" for the creation and another "renew" for the renewal part (so you can set-up different prices for the creation and the renewal);

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

• Thank you received: 8
5 years 5 months ago #299396

Jerome wrote: Hello,

So you have to make the recurring optional so "create/renew" products won't ask for a recurring plugin during the checkout.
Then, your customer would be able to create new subscriptions and renew them by using the same product in your store.
Otherwise you can have a "create" for the creation and another "renew" for the renewal part (so you can set-up different prices for the creation and the renewal);

Regards,

Got it, thanks! I just wanted to be sure that the customer doesn't have to do an extra step after paying to renew the subscription.

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.055 seconds