Hello
Plans> Groups.
Clicking Groups is> "Create"
Here is "Main information" - "Name" field
"Additional information" - "Exclusive" - "Yes" or "No"
What is it for?

Best wishes
Piotr

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
3 years 10 months ago #320152

Hello,

The plan groups are there to categories the plans ; it is, for the moment, useful for customizations.
By grouping plans, it is possible to get all plans for a specific group ; so to display a specific listing regarding the group.
The "exclusive" is used for custom restrictions so when a customer have one subscription in the plan, you would refuse that he get other subscriptions for the same group.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

• Thank you received: 0
3 years 10 months ago #320400

Jerome wrote: The "exclusive" is used for custom restrictions so when a customer have one subscription in the plan, you would refuse that he get other subscriptions for the same group.
Regards,

I checked and either I don't understand something or it works differently.
I have 4 access plans for a given article title - 1 day access, 7 days access, 14 days access, 1 month access.
There are Groups under the Plans and a group is created with the name of this article title and these 4 plans are included in this group.
As described - when someone buys access to the title of an article, e.g. 1 day, after the purchase, the buyer is "closed" after a while (different time - the minimum time is about 5 minutes), confirmation appears, i.e. an active subscription and then makes the next purchase - should be denied for each of these four plans until the subscription expires or is canceled - right?
In my case, after someone purchases a plan, 1 day after activation, there is no refusal to buy another of these four plans.
The process of purchasing the next plan - 1 day access ends with logging in to PAYPAL and failure information, while the subscription list shows this subscription with 1 day access as "closed". Going further - the process of purchasing the next plan, e.g. 7 days access followed by logging in to the PAYPAL website, then the purchase, success and return to the store website, the buyer's subscription list shows 7 days access as "closed" and after some time there is confirmation of activation and there are both subscriptions active.
To sum up - in order on the list for one title:
1. access 7 days - "active"
2. access 1 day - "active"
3. access 1 day - "closed"

I am asking for a tip if I am doing something wrong or does it work differently?
I would like to add that I am interested in such a process that buying one access plan for a given title blocks the possibility of buying another of the four plans for this title.
Best wishes
Piotr

3 years 10 months ago #320463

Hello,

Some days ago, I wrote you :

HikaSubscription do not work that way since there is no correlation between a plan and a duration ; you can create your plans and configure the products to add the duration you want for one (or many) plan.
Now, via the Joomla ACL system, you can see to restrict the access to an HikaShop product.
It might be easier with a future HikaSubscription release which will handle the removal of groups on Subscription activation.

In general, I do think that you will need some custom development (custom plugins) in order to implement some specific features and restrictions.

I still don't think that you need 4 plans for the different durations, specially if the plans unlock the exact same things.

Now regarding the "active", "expired" and "closed" states, they are related to the state of the subscription and the possibility for the customer to renew its subscription or not.
An "expired" subscription can be renewed ; while a "closed" can't and will require the customer to start a new one.

But, again, if you do require restriction to limit the number of active subscriptions in the same time for a customer ; you need to develop a custom plugin. That specific feature is not available in HikaSubscription but have all needed API to create it with some PHP.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

3 years 10 months ago #320477

Jerome wrote: I still don't think that you need 4 plans for the different durations, specially if the plans unlock the exact same things.

Hello Jerome
Thank you for the answer but ...

In one of the messages you wrote:

HikaSerial Subscription is based on a more simple goal: you link a product with one plan.

In another thread I read that if the product is to have versions it is best to use Characteristics to create variants.

My need is:
Product category "A" (example with a capital letter)> Product A, B, C etc. as an article in Joomla and each has 4 variants - I have as Access plans (subscription) - different access time.
I need the buyer to see Product A or B or C or D etc., which has 4 Access Plans - Access 1, Access 2, Access 3, Access 4 - one of the Plans to choose.
The buyer chooses say Product B - Access 3.
After the payment is shown in "My subscriptions".
How do I set up to:
the buyer could not buy again Product B - Access 3, and the others could see but not available immediately product B - Access 1,2,3,4 was it again after the purchased subscription expired or was canceled by the buyer?

I will add that Product B - Access 1,2,3,4 is to be visible at all times to unregistered and registered visitors who do not have purchased Product B in one of the options Access 1,2,3,4.

Best wishes
Piotr

Last edit: 3 years 10 months ago by Jerome.

3 years 10 months ago #320531

Hello,

I'm afraid that I don't understand your message nor what you want to do.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

3 years 10 months ago #320810

Jerome wrote: The "exclusive" is used for custom restrictions so when a customer have one subscription in the plan, you would refuse that he get other subscriptions for the same group.

Hello
Thank you for your answer
I am asking for detailed information on how it works and how to set it up?
If I grouped 4 Plans and the buyer bought one of the plans and has an active subscription in this group - as explained above - he should not be able to buy another plan in this group if he has an active subscription - right?
I checked - this restriction> "exclusive" - when enabled, does not result in refusing to buy another plan when there is already one active subscription.
Best wishes
Piotr

3 years 10 months ago #320844

Hello,

Yes, it is useful for custom restrictions, which need that it requires a custom development, as previously explained

if you do require restriction to limit the number of active subscriptions in the same time for a customer ; you need to develop a custom plugin. That specific feature is not available in HikaSubscription but have all needed API to create it with some PHP.

I never said that the feature was there, I said that the group feature was added to allow custom development regarding that kind of feature.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.079 seconds