maybe bug in hikasubscription

• Thank you received: 7
2 years 10 months ago #333655

i use limit system in hikashop to each user can buy product only 3 time. means quantity per user is 3 thank to hikashop Limit system.
but in the product with "Renewal" type , if user buy 3 of renewal product for the fourth purchase of that, it is show that you can renew but when you click the page only refreshed. also if you click on the "add to cart" btn in the hikashop listing, then you can see the pop up and it is show the limit reached for that product.
are you confirm this problem?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
2 years 10 months ago #333665

Hello,

It's not a bug since you have a limitation system that HIkaSerial can't be aware of.
For HikaSerial rules, the customer do have the right to renew and it proposes the available products to perform renewals.
The fact that a production addition in the cart is refused by another plugin is problematic for your case but is not something which can be known in advance.

Regards

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sadaf3d

2 years 10 months ago #333685

can you say me is it possible to hide that from Hikashop Subscription menu if limitation is reached? or maybe you modify that in the next hikashop release?

• Thank you received: 13071
2 years 10 months ago #333699

Hi,

That's not easy to add. First it's quite a lot of code to check that the product still match all the limits setup. So a lot of work would be needed for that.
Also, it adds a lot of processing to run the different MySQL queries for each product for each limit to check if it's possible or not to add it to the cart. It's fine to do that when you're using the add to cart button, since you're doing the check for only one product, but on a products listing or a subscriptions listing, it could lead to the page crashing as this process would run for each product.
Plus, if the users would see the add to cart button and use it normally, until one day the button is removed, they would wonder what's going on and think there is a bug. Now, they get the button and when they click on it, they get a proper error message from the limit system telling them why they can't use the button. I think that this way of working is better for the user.

2 years 10 months ago #333711

hi nicolas and i accept your description and you say right. but what about don't display (blue popup) error show when user click on limitation subscription such as normal product when reached limitation? now it is only refresh when user click on reached limitation reached subscription.
is there anyway to implement that?

Last edit: 2 years 10 months ago by Jerome. Reason: removing full message quote

• Thank you received: 13071
2 years 10 months ago #333751

Hi,

So if I understand you correctly, you're saying that when you use an add to cart button on a product with a limit (from the Products>Limits menu of HikaShop) reached on products listing, you get the notification box with the error message from the limit system saying that the product could not be added to the cart because the limit has been reached.
But if you use the "renew" button for a subscription using that same product as a renewal product, you don't get the notification box with the error message.
Did I understand correctly ?
Could you provide a screenshot of the settings of that limit and a screenshot of the product settings please ?

2 years 10 months ago #333773

nicolas wrote: Hi,

So if I understand you correctly, you're saying that when you use an add to cart button on a product with a limit (from the Products>Limits menu of HikaShop) reached on products listing, you get the notification box with the error message from the limit system saying that the product could not be added to the cart because the limit has been reached.
But if you use the "renew" button for a subscription using that same product as a renewal product, you don't get the notification box with the error message.
Did I understand correctly ?

Yes exactly... I create screenshot or maybe screencast as soon as possible

The following user(s) said Thank You: nicolas

Moderators: Obsidev
Time to create page: 0.067 seconds