Stock managing

• Thank you received: 16
13 years 3 months ago #4259

i'm seriously considering hikaShop to build my next shop project, I used mightyExtensions components until now with good succes but also with some limitations I expect to bypass with other components, the thing is that I was not able to find in the feature list any information about "Stock managing".

So, when I create a product can I enter the number of items i have in stock? Will the component update this number under selling events? Will I be able to program a warning on under minimum stock? etc.

This is an important feature which maybe you take for granted but looks like missing by now.

Thank you!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
13 years 3 months ago #4260

Stocks management is included in HikaShop. You can set a quantity for each of your products and then the system will update it when an order is created or cancelled.

There is no warning system yet in HikaShop. However, you can easily sort the products listing in the back end by quantity and see a list of the products with low quantities.

Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by nicolas.

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 10 months ago #18584

This is true that you can easily check the stock levels of products but not for their variants. As far as I can find, this requires opening each product, then the manage variant to see the stock levels.

Also when an order is created for a variant it does not affect the stock level of the product.

Is there some way of connecting the two? That is to say that when an order is created for a variant of the product, the products stock is also reduced.

Thank you for your time.

12 years 10 months ago #18596

On the top right corner of the product listing, you can choose to display the variants directly so you will see their stock easily and you will be able to directly edit them from the products listing.

There is no option to update the stock of the main product when a variant is bought.

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 2 months ago #39492

I have just had a delivery of stock, multiple products each with varients. I can see the current stock listed as you describe but how can I update each varient without opening its individual product/varient page? I would like to just run down the list changing the quantity ?

Thanks,

Gene

12 years 2 months ago #39699

In that case, you should do it via the import from textarea (menu Products->Import).

There, write something like that:

product_type,product_code,product_quantity
variant,my_variant_code1,10
variant,my_variant_code2,30
...etc...

and then import.

• Thank you received: 49
12 years 2 months ago #39785

maybe answer was somewhere in forum btw - is it possible take access from front-end to editing mode for products in stock?
"mod_manager" - manager can add\edit products(categories)\descriptions without access to configuration part of site?

сайт з перекладами www.benefit.in.ua
PS. спасибо переводить Webmoney : Z207635098627 R152456839841 или ЯД 410011027999056

12 years 2 months ago #39891

It's not possible for now.

We're working on a solution for that but it won't be available before a few months.

Time to create page: 0.079 seconds