remove item from cart ERROR

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 2 months ago #4602

hi,
when i am adding a few products to the cart and then at the checkout process i remove a product i am getting an error in IE :
Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.0; Trident/4.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30618; SRS_IT_E879057EB0765F5537A195; .NET4.0C)
Timestamp: Thu, 6 Jan 2011 00:09:11 UTC

Line: 2
Char: 1
Code: 0
URI: www.pickme.co.il/component/hikashop/checkout/://0

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
13 years 2 months ago #4604

Hi,

I just tried on your website and couldn't reproduce the problem even though I tried with IE8. Did you try with other browsers ? Could you tell more precisely how you're able to produce that error because I wasn't able to ?

13 years 2 months ago #4608

its not easy to see the error, do as follow:

1. log in to the site
2. add a few products to the basket
3. go to checkout
4. at checkout page remove 1 product, when you remove look at the left down corner of the IE browser and in the middle of the process of removing the product you will see the yellow triangle with error, it is for a portion of second, after that it continue like there is no error (just I can see those things :)

BTW - its quite a work to translate, it will take me till the middle of the week

13 years 2 months ago #4633

It seems the happen on IE when there is a problem with javascript code. It seems to often be the case when there is a broken link to a js file:
www.google.com/search?sourceid=chrome&ie...&fp=f2926ce792b598ad

I was able to reproduce it on your website. But not on our demo website. For the latest version of HikaShop (1.4.2) we totally changed the javascript code for the cart updates. Could you try to update to the new version ? That might just fix the problem.

13 years 2 months ago #4640

hi,

where is the link for the 1.4.2 version?
do i have to download the essential?
when i click update the message is that i have the latest version 1.4.1

BR

Amit

13 years 2 months ago #4645

Hi,

We didn't allow yet the update via the update menu as we just released the new version. We are waiting a few days that everything is ok before allowing people to download the new version from there so that we're sure that everything is ok. In the mean time, you can download it directly on our website on your order page.

13 years 2 months ago #4649

i will wait, i hope that there will bo nice new feature.

Thanks

Amit

13 years 2 months ago #4650

You can already look at the features on that page:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...ashop-changelog.html

13 years 2 months ago #4651

nothing for essential customers? :S

is that feature is the improvements that i asked? is it include ask the seller a question about the product?
"We added a new type of custom fields which will allow you to add an upload input box so that your customers can upload a file in their order for example or enabling you to add a PDF to a product so that it can be accessible on the product page (business version only)"

13 years 2 months ago #4652

I don't remember what you asked. I get asked for features everyday :)
If you're talking about the possibility to add custom fields to items of the order so that you can ask questions to the user on the product page, that's not it. That should come this month. This feature adds a new type of fields so that it's possible to have upload fields allowing users to upload a file.

We are currently concentrating on adding new features to the business edition which was a bit low on interesting features.

13 years 2 months ago #4653

the most important thing to me and what is missing for me is a custom field in every product that will provide to the user the possibility to ask a Q about the product:

something like: Ask the seller a Question
that the user can fill a form on the product page or above or under the product page.

Time to create page: 0.076 seconds