a couple of question about hikashop

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 11 months ago #15056

Hi i am looking around some shop software for a new store project and hikashop seem to fill my requirement i have only 2 question left at this point:

1. will the software be able to have more then 20 000 product without becoming a real mess

2. when importing product with picture with a .csv is it possible to have a different folder for the picture per categorie?
(i don't mind having to do a .csv per categorie if necessary i just don't want to have all the 20k picture in the same folder)
Ex: all picture for product inside categorie 1 are in folder 1 and all the pictures for the product inside categorie 2 are in folder 2

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13068
12 years 11 months ago #15072

Hi,

1. We tested HikaShop with 10000 products and it run smoothly so it should be fine with twice that. It you have characteristics/variants for your products, that will make the products count increase greatly so that would require some stress tests...

2. Yes. In the "images" column, you can use: myfolder/image.jpg instead of image.jpg and the system will link the image in the folder myfolder of the "upload folder path".

12 years 11 months ago #15151

Thanks for the quick answer.
I am making a test using joomla 1.6 and the free version i can import easily 155 product without the path for the picture but if i try to import just 1 product and if i include the image then i get that:
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 523800 bytes) in /xxxxx/xxxx/xxxxx/xxxx/administrator/components/com_hikashop/helpers/import.php on line 338
I am trying to make it work with only one product in the .csv the structure is as follow:

"product_code"."categories ";"images"
213818;"Mirrodin Besieged Single";"mbs/Accorder Paladin.jpg"

Any idea where the problem is?
Thanks a lot!

12 years 11 months ago #15152

Nevermind my mistake :P

12 years 4 months ago #33222

I just installed this and add one product. Just the name and a few details, no images, etc. It was working fine. Then I went back a few hours later and got this screen. Aprons scrolled down the page in H1 text, like 100 of them with the error message on the bottom. Any ideas, thanks.

Aprons
Aprons
Aprons
Aprons
Aprons
Aprons
Aprons
Aprons
Aprons

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 30720 bytes) in /home/takhut5/public_html/stitchcraft-joom/components/com_hikashop/views/category/tmpl/listing.php on line 31

Sorry, forgot to mention it is a menu item of Categories Listings. If I change it to products page or listing it seems fine.

Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by DaveOzric. Reason: Update

• Thank you received: 13068
12 years 4 months ago #33236

Could you give a link to that page ?

12 years 4 months ago #33306

Thanks for replying. I have temporarily uninstalled this extension. I could not get the footer display to stay on no, every time I saved it, yes was selected. I will try it again and let you know if I have any problems.

Thanks again for your prompt response.

12 years 3 months ago #34179

I found out I only had 32MB of ram allotted for scripts. I bumped that to 500MB and have had no issues.

Time to create page: 0.079 seconds