solution for predefined ingredients?

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 6 months ago #27932

Hello,

one of my customers want to run an online shop for cosmetics. Each product has a lot of ingredients, that are internatioal standardized. So we would like to establish a database of predefined ingredients that can be easily imported or linked to each product. It would be great if such a database could also be used as a glossary where all ingredients are listed and explained for interested customers.

Does anybody know a good solution for that? Any ideas or extensions that could perform that? I am desperately searching JED, but did not find a good solution yet.

Regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13066
12 years 6 months ago #27945

Hi,

How about one of the numerous CCK extensions available for joomla extensions.joomla.org/extensions/news-pr...content-construction ?
That would allow you to build the forms/listings for your data and then some of them can probably display the data in a module which you can include in your products description with the loadposition plugin of joomla.

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 6 months ago #27959

Hm, I never worked with any CCK extension but thank you for the hint. Maybe I should learn to work with such a solution? Still I am afraid it would take me days if not even weeks for such a small feature... :/

• Thank you received: 13066
12 years 5 months ago #27979

Well, your feature might sounds small to you but each time you want something "custom", it's generally not easy to do unless you code or know a tool to do it.
I still think a CCK is your best bet unless you have some money to hire a freelancer to do it or the knowledge to do it in house.

Time to create page: 0.057 seconds