Options for selling tickets by dates

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 4 months ago #30698

Hi, I'm looking into other shopping cart solutions as i'm currently using redSHOP as my main solution but i want to expand and hikashop looks like a very good, stable alternative.

I have a site that i'm going to upgrade to joomla 1.7 and also revamp the shopping cart. The client sells tickets for tours so i was wondering how this could be setup as i'm not clear on how the attributes etc work for products yet.

As they offer several tours which each have different days on which the tour runs, it's not the most straight forward to setup and they don't just want a popup calendar where the customer has to pick the correct date from, they want the available dates done as a drop down. e.g..

Tour 1 runs January - April and only on Wednesdays and Fridays so the way i currently have it setup is using Attributes and Sub attributes. So for the first stage i select January then a secondary drop down appears and shows all the possible dates for january. All these dates are copied and pasted form a calendar to a csv file then imported to the shop (a long process).

Can this be done with hikashop?

Also would it be possible to setup all the days for each month as a bank of options, then when i add a tour ticket product to be able to check each of the days of each month and these will then be added in a drop down?

eg.

The "January" bank will have Sunday 1/1/12 through to Tue 31/1/12 and if i add in an adult tour that only runs on Tuesdays then i can select the individual Tuesdays for the month. and the same goes for the rest of the months, hope that all makes sense.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13064
12 years 4 months ago #30731

Hi,

You can do the same conditional setup with custom fields of the table "item" (business edition), but there is noCSV import of them. The setup is different.
You setup your custom fields dropdowns and restrict them to categories. Then, you can add a category to your products and the corresponding, custom fields will be automatically displayed for it.

But that won't allow you to display dynamically the date selection on the product page based on the days of the week/month of each product.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.053 seconds