Centralized document management feature

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 3 months ago #31682

I am currently having some trouble filling my product database regarding the downloads/documents.

Each time I want to add a download/document to a product I have to upload a new file. However for many products from the same manufacturer (e.g. product line manual, brochure, technical specifications/comparisons) I want to add the same document. So it would be much nicer, if I just could select from the files already uploaded and have a central document management tool.

As I can see when copying a product in the Business Edition, the documents/downloads point to the same files. This is good for a work around when setting up the products but not working in the long run when files should be added to different products.

Looking forward to here from you guys and happy to discuss any questions on this with you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
12 years 3 months ago #31711

Having the possibility to select a file from the ones already uploaded would indeed be great. It's already on our todo list, like a lot of other features :)

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 3 months ago #33938

In my opinion a high importance feature... A must have, if the shop should be used efficiently.

And the same applies for the product photos. And for both it should be possible to exchange a photo/document from within the product configuration page, rather than delete the old one and upload a new one.

Time to create page: 0.041 seconds