Wishlist

• Thank you received: 3
12 years 2 months ago #37261

Please make a main topic for things people would like to have within this nice shopping cart solution.

For a start I would love to have the option to be able to add an icon/picture for the download file.
It is very useful to give a visitor a quick idea what the file type is going to be before downloading it. Of course you can always read the text, but as they say ... one image is like 1000 words! :P .

Furthermore, since we are on the wishing spree ... the file size for the “to be downloaded” file would also make sense, especially for users with slow internet connection.

that's all for now ... i do not want to be greedy :evil:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 years 2 months ago #37288

It would be nice if animated gif images could stay anims for categories.
If the rezising part would make it hard to keep the gif as an anim, then maybe only if the size is already the required size.
If you have for example used in the configuration thumbs to be 100x100, then a anim gif with that dimension would need no further changes and can stay at it is.

:silly:

• Thank you received: 13071
12 years 2 months ago #37402

Thank you for your ideas regarding the downloads. We'll add that to the todo list.

It's not possible to keep the animation in GIFs with the GD library which is the library to resize images in PHP (or I couldn't find how to do it). So I'm afraid we won't be able to do that, even if we wanted to.

12 years 2 months ago #37638

It would be nice if someone could configure the "contact us for more information". :huh:
Like color, text, outline etc etc

And as a very importand next step, it would perfect :woohoo: if the content of the specific product page could be included in the mail. Like image and description.

Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by uteco. Reason: correcting typing error for " otline" to "outline"

12 years 2 months ago #37641

On the process of adding new products it would be nice if there were a button that allowed you to "save product+open new as copy"

that way we could all save us three endless clicks :P by needing firts to "save&close" then select a product and the click "copy" and then open the copy for work.

That would be one step instead of three steps and all that x 50 products = allot of saved time ;)

12 years 2 months ago #37730

For the contact us button, you can change its display with CSS.

The information of the product in the email feature is added to the todo list.

There should already be a save&new button if you use at least joomla 1.7 and the latest version of HikaShop.

12 years 2 months ago #37745

Thank you for your fast reply ;)

When I use Save&New it saves the page and reopen the very same one I thnk.

If I change on the new page the code for example and save again, no new product will be added but the last one will have that new code. :blink: That makes me conclude that it keeps the same product page after Save&New. (in other words I messed the previous one up thnking it was a copy of it, and then I had to redo it from scratch after saving it and seing it had replaced that previous one :( )

I am using Joomla 1.7.3, Hikashop 1.5.6 and currently FireFox 9.0.1 (in case its related to that matter)

Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by uteco. Reason: minor corrections / additions

12 years 2 months ago #37896

Could you try to add the line:
else JRequest::setVar( 'cid', 0 );

after the line:
if(!$new) JRequest::setVar( 'cid', $status );

in the file administrator/components/com_hikashop/helpers/helper.php and try again ?

12 years 2 months ago #37911

sure ... doing it right away :-)

12 years 2 months ago #37913

And it worked. Great!
Now its working like the joomla button save&new.

But that was not what I whished for :huh:

I wanted to keep the data from the previous product in the new opened one.

Now I have to save&close and then select that product, click on copy, open the copy .. etc etc.

If there were a button "save&open new copy" it would save all the previous steps!...
... but that's a wish :whistle: !

12 years 2 months ago #38048

It's noted, but it won't be for now.

12 years 2 months ago #38115

thank you

12 years 2 months ago #38407

If you upload more than one image, the first one will be the one shown as a thumb in the listing page of products.

-It would be nice if someone could change the ordering of the images in the product page. (Otherwise the only solution would be deleting all images and calling them again in the correct order!)

-And that leads to the second wish, to be able to load images not only from outside the domain but also within it. Especially if you want to load an image used already in another product (because it has the same image) you are forced to upload it again!

12 years 2 months ago #38503

Yes ! Both are in the todo list.

Time to create page: 0.069 seconds