importing problems

• Thank you received: 1
  • Hikashop Business
12 years 2 months ago #39727

Hi,
When I use import csv excel file. I have 2 problems.

1. The price won't show up on the front page. I have to go in the back end and save each product again and the price then will show up. I don't have to enter the price again it's there in the back end but I just have to save it. Any idea why?

2. Let say I have products already and I upload new products. Some of my old products are getting deleted. Any idea why?

2 more question:

3. Is there a way only to export one category?

4. Whenever, I export it looks funny in excel. Let say I want to export it as backup and than import it again, how would I do this.

Thanks for all your help! Hikashop is Excellent!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Hikashop Business
12 years 2 months ago #39794

File Attachment:

File Name: hikashopexport2.csv
File Size:152 KB

I lost products from 2 catagories. Here is the excel file that I exported that still have the products in the export excel file.
Is it possible to upload this file again and it will restore my products. I have the excel files as well but I made some changes to the products from the back end. Let me know if it's possible and how would I go about doing this.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 13071
12 years 2 months ago #39867

Hi,

You can import the exported CSV file via the menu Products->Import in HikaShop.

I can see that your would CSV file has been corrupted in some way. The double quotes are doubled.
You will have to open your CSV with notepad++ and do a search&replace on "" to replace it with "
Then it should work better when importing the file.

What do you mean by the file look "funny" ?

HikaShop never delete a product. However, if you have a product already in the database and that you have it in the CSV, its information will be updated.
That way, you could remove the product from all the categories for example. The problem would look like it disappeared even though it is just not assigned to any category.
Also, for your first point, that means that your CSV is not valid.

You can export only some products by selecting them in the products listing with the checkboxes available and then by clicking on export.

• Hikashop Business
12 years 2 months ago #39932

Thanks for your help.

Any idea why my file is corrupted?

How does the database know that I already have the product? What field does it go by (example product code, or which is the unique key)?

Here is the file I import. Any idea why the price won't show up? It will say free in the front end.

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 8
12 years 2 months ago #39948

We love the product export / import feature of hikashop.

It goes off of the product_code field.

We use Excel to manage all our products and to do mass updates.

Our strategy that works really well is to do the following:

1. Export all products from Hikashop to CSV file that we open in Excel.

2. Change all the Product prices within the excel file.

3. Save the excel file as a CSV file.

4. Import the csv file to Hikashop

Often when we are just changing prices on our products, we remove all the columns in our spreadsheet except the product_code column and the price_value column.

That way we can make sure that we are only updating the prices and don't have other stuff in the csv file causing issues with the import.

Ecommerce expert for hire. DaveKarlsven.com

I love helping businesses make lots of money online.

• Thank you received: 13071
12 years 2 months ago #40138

I don't remember why double double quotes can happen in CSV files. But I remember see that in a CSv file before after some manipulation.

Regarding the price being free, your CSV is fine. It must be because of a display option in hikaShop. Could you give a link to the page where you don't have the price ?

Time to create page: 0.079 seconds