Can't find the customer!

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 1 month ago #42500

Hi

It took me a while, but I set up Hikashop in the way I wanted. However I have a problem ( www.countryalliance.org )

The problem is that I've had my first real customer subscribe to us, but no address (email or otherwise) I can contact them on. So, I have an order I can't process.

The customer that is shown on Hika is someone I emailed a while ago and totally unrelated as I have the "members" credit card number and name -and the name is different.

I deliberately avoided including an address in the workflow as I hate the idea that someone needs to Login just for a single transaction. However that may have been fatal as I have no way of contact them.

Any suggestions - besides activating the login requirement?

ta
Neil

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
12 years 1 month ago #42677

Hi,

If you're using PayPal, you should be able to get the information of the users via PayPal.
For other payment means, you indeed won't get any information if you removed both the "login" and "address" views from the checkout.

I would indeed recommend to keep the "login" view. Instead, you can change the "registration" option of the Checkout tab of the configuration in order to only ask the email address and the address of the user. Then, regarding the address, you can customize the address fields via the menu Display->Custom fields.
So if you want it to be simple, you could have only the email address field.

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 1 month ago #42750

Thanks Nicolas!

Unfortunately the person has paid by (or at least provided their details of their) credit card. So all I have is their name and credit card number. The email address is wrong and I think the reason why is that the system somehow picked up the email address of a US module vendor I've been dealing with.

So, if there aren't any other options, I'll just cancel the order.

I've since relented and added the login / address fields. I was hoping to avoid the former mainly for convenience but I guess there are important advantages to using the fields, namely records and forcing data entry.

Regards
Neil

• Thank you received: 13071
12 years 1 month ago #42751

Ah yes, you won't be able to contact him with just the name and credit card number. I don't see any other way of getting his information now that the order has been passed.

Time to create page: 0.043 seconds