Showing product description

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 4 weeks ago #45183

Hi all

Quick query. I have a couple of items on Hikashop displayed at: www.countryalliance.org/index.php/mercha...product/listing.html

What I haven't been able to figure out yet is how to display the product description. Obviously there'll be a field somewhere but haven't been able to find it - or recognise it.

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated!

Regards

Neil

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
12 years 4 weeks ago #45379

Hi,

I was not able to access your link. Could you double check it ?

Usually, you need to edit the hikashop options of your menu or module via the menu Display->Content menus/modules and change the "item box layout" option to "image and description".

12 years 4 weeks ago #45409

Sure. It's :http://www.countryalliance.org/index.php/our-party/merchandise.html

Or if you go to www.countryalliance.org and either select the option in the pop-up box or "merchandise" in the top menu, you'll see what I mean.

I was able to find the option you indicated in the module, but I"m using a Hikashop menu item to configure the page ("Products listing" ) and assume that is where I should find the option - but haven't?

Ta
Neil

• Thank you received: 13071
12 years 4 weeks ago #45411

That's because you're using the layout "table" instead of "div" which is the default one. There is no option for the table layout to display the description, you will have to edit the file "listing_table" via the menu Display->Views and add some code to display the product description.

12 years 4 weeks ago #45414

ok - thanks for that. I don't have the skills to do that but it's not a particularly important issue for me - just one out of curiosity as I assumed I might have overlooked an inbuilt option somewhere.

Regards

Neil

Time to create page: 0.064 seconds