Importing cost vs without tax vs with tax

• Thank you received: 14
  • Hikashop Business
6 years 9 months ago #272786

-- url of the page with the problem -- : ccpharmacy.com.au/index.php/product-categories
-- HikaShop version -- : 3.1.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.7
-- PHP version -- : 5.6.30
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Opera45
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : nil

Hi,
I've set up my import like this but don't know for sure which maps to 'cost' and 'before tax'. 'After tax' is clear from the column title.

thanks,
Ian and Stu

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13035
6 years 9 months ago #272795

Hi,

First, you should not have the currency symbol in the price columns. If you want to specify the currency in your CSV, you should add a column price_currency_id and either enter the id of the currency or the code of the currency (USD for example).

The price_value column should contain the price without tax.
There is actually no need to specify both the price with tax and the price without tax.
In the database, only the price without tax is stored and then the taxes are calculated dynamically based on your tax rules.
So I would recommend to only specify the price_value and remove the price_value_with_tax column.

• Hikashop Business
6 years 9 months ago #272839

Thanks for that.
The dollar sign just appears automatically in excel but doesn't get exported to csv. We do have column with 'AUD'. I'll see how we go with tax and ex-tax. This stuff is imported from a pos so I was trying to separate out the vallues so we could have control over, cost, mark-up, retail without tax and retail with tax.

We'll have a go with what you have recommended and get back to you if we get stuck.

Thanks again,
Ian and Stu

• Hikashop Business
6 years 8 months ago #273109

Hi,
we can't use a straight tax mark-up because of the complex pricing/subsidy/concession regime on a per item basis. So, I can do something in the spreadsheet exported from our POS to fix the retail prices. Anyway, if I have calculation column in excel, how to I stop this value from showing up when my csv is uploaded (e.g. a column called 'interim calculations')? Do I just assign it a field name that Hika doesn't recognize?

Thanks,
Ian and Stu

• Thank you received: 13035
6 years 8 months ago #273119

Hi,

Yes. If the column name doesn't exist, HikaShop will ignore the column. It will just display a warning when you import the CSV, but you can ignore it.

• Hikashop Business
6 years 8 months ago #273140

Hi,
I worked as you said but, when searching and then navigating to product on the front end, '404 not found' errors occurred. So, I manually omitted the calculation tables, re-imported and it worked. Not a big deal. It's just good to know what will and won't work.

Cheers,
Ian and Stu

Time to create page: 0.063 seconds