Need urgent (paid) help

• Thank you received: 1
6 years 9 months ago #274615

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.1.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.7.3

Importing is a total nightmare! Period. Trying to get 3D Cart stuff in and it's just a disaster. Images won't import and variants won't import.

Is there anyone who can help? Happy to pay for time.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
6 years 9 months ago #274616

Hello,

Would it be possible to know what kind of data you're trying to import ?
Unfortunately without more details about what you're doing exactly it would be difficult for us to give you useful advice.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

• Thank you received: 94
6 years 9 months ago #274630

We can help. We have expert PHP developers on staff who are very experienced with importing data.
Please contact us at PolishedGeek.com/clients/contact.php and let's talk.
Or you can call us at 919-275-0676 (USA)

~ Deb Cinkus, CEO

Polished Geek: more with monday․com
eCommerce Business Process Automation Experts

6 years 9 months ago #274666

Jerome wrote: Hello,

Would it be possible to know what kind of data you're trying to import ?
Unfortunately without more details about what you're doing exactly it would be difficult for us to give you useful advice.

Regards,

Hi Jerome

What I would consider fairly run-of-the-mill eCommerce stuff. Bathroom/Kitchen products with variant and images. I've attached the 2 raw exports from 3D Cart, and the file I made from them (partly complete - variant data not added yet thought columns are there.)

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 13069
6 years 8 months ago #274696

Hi,

In your CSV, I see that you have the images paths like that in the "images" column:
images/hikashop/antiquesink.jpg
First, please note that the default upload folder for images in HikaShop is not images/hikashop/ but images/com_hikashop/upload/
Also, if you uploaded your images in the upload folder of HikaShop, you should just specify the file name like "antiquesink.jpg"
Otherwise, the system will actually look for the image in images/com_hikashop/upload/images/hikashop/antiquesink.jpg

So I guess that these are why your images are not in the imported products/variants.

6 years 8 months ago #274705

Hi Nicolas, thanks for the reply. Sorry, I should have attached my test import CSV as well. After a previous post of yours on another thread I amended the image path to the default one. It still did not show up in the product. I've attached the test CSV that I uploaded last without total success (no variants, no image).

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 4004
6 years 8 months ago #274760

Hello,

Please follow the instructions :

First, please note that the default upload folder for images in HikaShop is not images/hikashop/ but images/com_hikashop/upload/
Also, if you uploaded your images in the upload folder of HikaShop, you should just specify the file name like "antiquesink.jpg"
Otherwise, the system will actually look for the image in images/com_hikashop/upload/images/hikashop/antiquesink.jpg

And for the loading of variants ; you need to specific the product parent in order to link a variant to his main product.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

6 years 8 months ago #274799

Hi Jerome

Thanks for clarifying the images path. I altered the path in the image column to just the image name and it worked! Fantastic, thanks.

Somehow, in getting that correct (oh, and adding parent_product_id column!!) the variants are now coming in too. Appreciate you all bearing with my "pilot error"!! :P

6 years 8 months ago #275389

PolishedGeek wrote: We can help. We have expert PHP developers on staff who are very experienced with importing data.
Please contact us at PolishedGeek.com/clients/contact.php and let's talk.
Or you can call us at 919-275-0676 (USA)

I did send you a contact, but no one has replied. I rang as well and no one answered...

6 years 8 months ago #275390

Hello - My apologies, but we have been experiencing some intermittent problems with our VoIP phone system this week. I'll be in the office for another hour or so, please do call me personally (Deb) at 919-275-0676.

I don't know what name or email you contacted us under but we don't have anything in our system under the nickname "trogladyte". Please do try to call again so we can get to the bottom of why you didn't get our response.

Thanks,
~ Deb

~ Deb Cinkus, CEO

6 years 8 months ago #275391

Thanks for calling today! Enjoyed chatting with you and please do check your junk folders for our emails. You should have received two replies over the last week from This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and one from me personally, This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Best,
~ Deb

~ Deb Cinkus, CEO

Time to create page: 0.092 seconds