Import Subscriptions - trick How to

• Thank you received: 35
6 years 7 months ago #276602

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.1.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.7.5
-- PHP version -- : 7.1.8
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome 60

Hi guys,
HikaSubscriptions beta has been release.
Here I asked for a way to import User Subscriptions , but at the moment there isn't.

Now, asking if there is way/trick to manage a CSV import using the HikaShop feature, I think that a simple migration solution is one of the most needed feature to allow users to choose your new HikaSubscription solution. This is why, in case there are no tricks to perform it, i ask you to move this topic in the "Feature Request" Forum.

Many Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13035
6 years 7 months ago #276603

Hi,

The biggest problem with the import of user subscriptions is that if the solution you were using before is not a Joomla solution, it would mean creating user accounts in Joomla and that would be problematic, specially regarding the password of the user account which couldn't be migrated.
If the solution is a joomla solution, and that the user accounts are already created, it should be way easier to do.
What kind of CSV are you looking at importing ? It is from a specific subscription solution ? Which one ?

6 years 7 months ago #276715

Hi Nicolas,
Yes, I understand. In my specific case is too simple, just a way to Export a CSV Subscription file > fill in and complete it > Import the CSV Subscription file:

Till now, when a user bought the Subscription (one year long) customer moved the user, manually by the joomla administrator panel, to the Subscribed group. When the Subscription arrive to its end life, he moved back the user to the Registered group. So:

A - I have a joomla site that is running, this mean that all the Subscribed users are yet registered in joomla;
B - I have installed HikaShop business and HikaSerial Subscription, so, I suppose, this mean that all Joomla users are yet HikaShop users (which is related to a Joomla account);
C - I create the Subscription Plan, so we'll have the Plan ID;
D - I create the Product(s) adding the Plan;
E - In HikaSerial > Subscriptions: I don't understand what is "Subscription data" ?
F - In HikaSerial > Subscriptions: "Status" - in my case all the users in the "Subscribed gruop" should be "Status" active subscriber.

At this point would be good a CSV Subscription Export to have the exact CSV with all the columns as needed.
Have the possibility to select C / E / F before the export will save a bit of time.
Lastly will have to input (manually) in the CSV exported file the:

G - Subscription start date
H - Subscription end date

In the right format as HikaSerial Subscription need, so, please, instructions here would be too glad.
Finally we can import the completed CSV Subscription file.

Last but not least, having planned from now that all the Subscribed users will receive an email 60 and 30 days before the subscription expiration date as discounted renew advice, send an email with AcyMailing would be good because some users could be yet expiring (less than 60 and 30 days).

• Thank you received: 1778
6 years 7 months ago #276946

Hello and sorry for the late reply,

Jerome is actually on holiday and will be back next Wednesday. He is in charge of HikaSerial so he will come back to you as soon as possible.

Once again, we are sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Best regards,
Mohamed Thelji.

• Thank you received: 4004
6 years 6 months ago #277066

Hello,

E - A "subscription data" is, as I wrote the unique "key" which allow to identify the subscription.
The main goal of HikaSerial is to generate unique content ; HikaSubscription is based on HikaSerial and it follow some of it's main goal.
So each subscription in HIkaSubscription have a unique content key ; which hs generally a random license key. But there is nothing in the database which stop you to create several subscription with the same key.
That's why I told you that you can put any content you want.

F - I don't know what you're talking about.
Please just take a look at a subscription in HikaSubscription and you will what are the possibilities for the subscription statuses.

Now about the general content of your message ; as I told you previously, it is not possible to perform an import using CSV.

I think that it will be more appropriate to perform the import/migration directly in the database or via a custom PHP script.

www.hikashop.com/forum/hikasubscription/...s-how-to.html#276288

But I can reformulate it :
No the HikaSubscription import or the HikaShop import won't support such kind of feature since it would be too complicated to generate an appropriate CSV content.
The only adapted solution would be to perform the import/migration directly in the database since you would need already a lot of content prepared (users, etc).
Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

6 years 6 months ago #277154

Hi Jerome,
Just to be clear, I know what you wrote me, infact this thread has been opened with:

Here I asked for a way to import User Subscriptions, but at the moment there isn't.
Now, asking if there is way/trick to manage a CSV import using the HikaShop feature, I think that a simple migration solution is one of the most needed feature to allow users to choose your new HikaSubscription solution. This is why, in case there are no tricks to perform it, I ask you to move this topic in the "Feature Request" Forum.

On that thread you wrote me:

Because a subscription is related to an HikaShop user (which is related to a Joomla account), you can't import a subscription without performing the link with the corresponding user. That's why I'm not sure that the HikaSerial import system is the right solution for such kind of purpose.

I think that it will be more appropriate to perform the import/migration directly in the database or via a custom PHP script.

Now, you explaned me:

Jerome wrote: F - I don't know what you're talking about.
Please just take a look at a subscription in HikaSubscription and you will what are the possibilities for the subscription statuses.

Now about the general content of your message ; as I told you previously, it is not possible to perform an import using CSV.

www.hikashop.com/forum/hikasubscription/...s-how-to.html#276288

But I can reformulate it :
No the HikaSubscription import or the HikaShop import won't support such kind of feature since it would be too complicated to generate an appropriate CSV content.
The only adapted solution would be to perform the import/migration directly in the database since you would need already a lot of content prepared (users, etc).

Thanks.

Then, writing about the "Subscription data" / "Subscriptions Status" / "Subscription start date" / "Subscription end date" I asked:

In the right format as HikaSerial Subscription need, so, please, instructions here would be too glad.

As far as I understand this is the answer:

Okay, thanks for support.

Time to create page: 0.075 seconds