"Categories" setting

• Thank you received: 0
6 years 3 weeks ago #290447

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.3.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.6
-- PHP version -- : 5.6

I added the Categories "Man" and Woman". In each of them I added "Shoes (man) and Shoes (woman).

1 QUESTION:
In my CSV file how can I manage the categories field in order to display SHOES for man and SHOES for woman?
If I add only "SHOES" the item will be displayed for both, man and woman.

2 QUESTION
In my CSV file, how can I add more categories. Writing XXX,YYY or XXX;YYY ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13064
6 years 3 weeks ago #290478

Hi,

1. you can use the id of the category instead of the name in the "categories" column.
Otherwise, you can also use the "parent_category" column to specify the parent category of the category name in the "categories" column. In that case, the system will be able to distinguish between them.

2. You can separate them by either a comma or semi colon yes.

6 years 2 weeks ago #290822

nicolas wrote: Hi,

1. you can use the id of the category instead of the name in the "categories" column
Otherwise, you can also use the "parent_category" column to specify the parent category of the category name in the "categories" column. In that case, the system will be able to distinguish between them.

I have already checked the csv exported and I see there is a column categories with "shoes,man", then the categories_ordering with "1,10", so I guess the shoes has the ID 1 and the man has the ID 10.

But on my hikashop categories panel, I see man = ID 69 and shoes = ID 84. So, I don't understand where Hikashop get the number ID.

Additionally, you said I can use the id of the category instead of the name in the "categories" column, but I'm already using the categories column and the categories_ordering. The issue is that in my backend I have the shoes categories for woman and the shoes categories for man.
The name is the same but the products are different.
If I use the "parent_category" I should add the shoes tag but the problem is still not being solved because "shoes" could means for hikashop, the category for womand or the category for man.
How to solve?

6 years 2 weeks ago #290828

Hi,

No, the categories_ordering column contains the order of the product in each category.
These numbers have nothing to do with the id of the categories.

Note that in the categories column, you're only supposed to enter the name or id of the categories directly linked to the product.
If your product is in the category man of the main category shoe, then you should only have man or 69 in the categories column.

6 years 1 week ago #291050

nicolas wrote: Hi,

1. you can use the id of the category instead of the name in the "categories" column.

Do you mean If I create the category Man and Woman and inside each of these I created the category Bag (bag category for woman and bag category for man)?
It would be enough to add Man or Woman in the column "parent_category?

Because currently when I export the products, the "parent_category" column is empty

Last edit: 6 years 1 week ago by SuX.

• Thank you received: 4004
6 years 1 week ago #291057

Hello,

I'm sorry but it's not possible to know what is the quote and what is your message.

Regards

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

6 years 1 week ago #291116

Jerome wrote: Hello,

I'm sorry but it's not possible to know what is the quote and what is your message.

Regards

Fixed

6 years 1 week ago #291121

Hi,

That's right. The parent_category is empty when you export because in most cases you don't need it so it's not set. But it would be easy to fill it in the export and in that case it would indeed have the name of the parent category, hence the name.

Time to create page: 0.061 seconds