help for export/import hikashop to other hikashop

• Thank you received: 1
5 years 6 months ago #297811

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.5.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.12
-- PHP version -- : 7.1.21

I have 2 site with hikashop business that must be exported in a new third site with hikamarket.
I tried to export the products of 1 shop (3071 products) and to import them in the new site but the import fails.
My steps:
Mass action- Data: Product; Actions: Export a csv file ("select all" for all oprions); check CSV and then "process"

in the new site in Configuration -> file I have "allowed files": zip,doc,docx,pdf,xls,xlsx,txt,gz,gzip,rar,jpg,gif,tar.gz,xlsx,pps,csv,bmp,epg,ico,odg,odp,ods,odt,png,ppt,swf,xcf,wmv,avi,mkv,mp3,ogg,flac,wma,fla,flv,mp4,wav,aac,mov,epub

In "Product" I select "Import" -> Import products from CSV and I select the exported file (in attachment) with the options:
Update products information if the product_code already exists Yes
Create automatically missing categories Yes
Force products to be published if no information is given in the product_published column Yes
Update the product quantity instead of replacing it No
Store images locally Yes
Store files locally Yes
and then IMPORT

I get the error in attachment and the message "500 products found : 0 new products imported, 0 invalid product code, 500 already existing products"
The imported products are 500 (no 3071) all in "product category"

Where I am wrong?

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13035
5 years 6 months ago #297846

Hi,

The export action in the mass action area can add columns that aren't handled by the import system so that's why you get the errors in your txt file.
I would rather recommend to use the "export" button on the products listing. This button will give you a CSV file which will contain more information of the products (like variants, the categories of the products, etc) while being compatible with the import.

5 years 6 months ago #297859

OK, I tried as you suggested but now I get:

Warning
Warning: Failed to move file: to /var/www/vhosts/mydomain/httpdocs/site/images/com_hikashop/upload/hikashopexport.csv

Error
Could not upload the file to /var/www/vhosts/mydomain/httpdocs/site/images/com_hikashop/upload/hikashopexport.csv
FAIL_OPEN

and no products are imported...

5 years 6 months ago #297866

Hi,

That has nothing to do with the export. This means that the upload of the file fails. It's either that there is no space left, or that the file is too big for the upload max size of your server.

The following user(s) said Thank You: brownie

5 years 6 months ago #297897

Thanks! I am stupid :P the file is 5 MB and the php upload was setting to 2 MB ;)

5 years 6 months ago #297923

I am here again :silly:
I exported and imported the products from the 2 hikashop sites to the new site with hikamarket. My problem now is: how do to assign the products to each vendor? I assigned the categories to each vendor, the products are in right categories but from frontend the vendor don't see his products unless I manually edit every products to assign it to the right vendor setting in "custom fields" the vendor. The products are over 3000 for 1 vendor and 1700 for the other vendor :ohmy: I think there is a way to do this automatically but I cannot find the way :(

5 years 6 months ago #297939

Hi,

The export/import system do handle the link between the products and the vendors.
HOWEVER, this requires that you have the vendors created on the new website AND that the vendors have the exact same id than on the old website.
So I suppose that your issue is that the vendors don't have the same id.
What you can do is use a mass action on the products (menu System>Mass action) with a filter on the product column "product_vendor_id" being equal to the old id of the vendor and an action "update the values" on that same column equal to the new id of the vendor. When you process the mass action, it will do the change for you for all the products.
Note that you have to change the limits of the mass action. By default, it will only do the first 500 products at once.

5 years 6 months ago #297949

Perfect!! Thanks

Time to create page: 0.067 seconds