Importing products to categories with the same name
7 years 6 months ago #304508
by Rixters
Importing products to categories with the same name was created by Rixters
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.0.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.3
-- PHP version -- : 7.2.15
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome 72
Hi,
I've got an import (which I created myself) which imports a bunch of products. In the category structure there are 4 subcategories divided amongst other categories called "Bracelets". I need some products to be in two of the Bracelets-categories. The problem is; how do I specify the correct 2 Bracelet-categories? At the moment, Hikashop takes the first two it can find, but the product needs, for example, the third one.
I'm aware of the parent_category field in which I can specify the parent category, but that's for, as far as I know, a single parent category while I need to specify a parent for at least two categories.
Is it possible to use the alias for the categories as those are unique or is there another solution I'm not aware of?
Kind regards,
Rick
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.3
-- PHP version -- : 7.2.15
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome 72
Hi,
I've got an import (which I created myself) which imports a bunch of products. In the category structure there are 4 subcategories divided amongst other categories called "Bracelets". I need some products to be in two of the Bracelets-categories. The problem is; how do I specify the correct 2 Bracelet-categories? At the moment, Hikashop takes the first two it can find, but the product needs, for example, the third one.
I'm aware of the parent_category field in which I can specify the parent category, but that's for, as far as I know, a single parent category while I need to specify a parent for at least two categories.
Is it possible to use the alias for the categories as those are unique or is there another solution I'm not aware of?
Kind regards,
Rick
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
7 years 6 months ago #304509
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Importing products to categories with the same name
Hi,
You can't use the alias, however, you can use the categories id.
That way, you don't need to use the parent_category column to distinguish between different categories with the same name.
You can't use the alias, however, you can use the categories id.
That way, you don't need to use the parent_category column to distinguish between different categories with the same name.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.170 seconds