CSV Import Information

• Thank you received: 0
4 years 11 months ago #306507

-- HikaShop version -- : HikaShop Business: 4.0.3

Hello I need some information about CSV import. I have tested Hikashop Import CSV and It works very well. It is very easy when the CSV has got the same columns names with my databases. The problem is when I will have to import CSV of my clients. These csv often doesn't have same columns name of my tables, and these CSV has got thounsands of rows. How could I align client's CSV with my columns name? Is there any hidden functiont in Hikashop that allows me to get that result? Or is there something else can I do inside Hikashop? And Is it really complicated to get it? Thanks for your great support. Kind Regards.

Last edit: 4 years 11 months ago by Coluccini.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
4 years 11 months ago #306517

Hi,

Changing the column names of the CSV files is easy. You can do that with Excel or OpenOffice Calc.
It takes the same time regardless of whether there are 2 lines or 2 millions lines in the CSV, since you only have the change the column title for each column of the CSV.
There is no tool in HikaShop to link the columns of your CSV to the columns in Hikashop. That's an improvement we want to add in the future.
CSV improved (which is compatible with HikaShop), might have that capability.
However, you can just do the change once in a CSV, and save that modified CSV for next time. Then, when you get a new CSV to import from that same person, copy / paste the row of the column titles from the modified CSV to the new CSV and it's done, 30 seconds top.

• Thank you received: 0
4 years 11 months ago #306525

For now, thanks!

Time to create page: 0.056 seconds