Import photos via csv

• Thank you received: 9
  • Hikashop Business
4 years 10 months ago #308020

Hello,

I have already imported my products via csv and now i want to import product's photo via csv. In that csv file, I have the "product_code" and "images". But when I upload the file, the product_name changes and get the image's name.

"images" column has a link which contains the photo.
Also, my producy_code starts with a letter, which I changed it to english letter because it would find the product.
Now it finds the product, but the product_name is changing, even via upload the file or via txt.
What should I do?

Thank you in advance.

Last edit: 4 years 10 months ago by Giscard.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
4 years 10 months ago #308022

Hi,

Yes. The import system has a feature which allows you to import products based on files/images and if you don't provide the product_name it automatically uses the file/image filename for it.
Note that the import system is a system to add products, not really to update products.
You can use it to update, but then, for some things like this, you have to provide the column in your CSV if you don't want it to be overwritten.
If you don't want to add the product_name column in your CSV, you can instead use a product mass action with a filter import from CSV file. The mass action system handle updates as you would expect but is more hungry for resources while the product import system is optimized for speed so that you can import really big CSV files with it, so we don't want to add too much checks (in this particular case, we would have to first load the data of the products from the database to compare it to what you have in the CSV which could be really problematic for big CSV files).

• Thank you received: 9
  • Hikashop Business
4 years 10 months ago #308049

Hello,

Thank you for your answer.
I will try it.

Regards.

Time to create page: 0.416 seconds