Export xml - errors

• Thank you received: 9
  • Hikashop Business
4 years 6 months ago #311250

Hello,

Firstly, I would like to export an xml file with all my products. That file must have some specific requirements.

I read on documentation and I think that I can work it out via Hikashop Google Products Plugin, but when I try to export I get the following warings:

Warning: Illegal string offset 'condition' in /var/www/vhosts/mydomain/httpdocs/plugins/hikashop/google_products/google_products.php on line 103

Warning: Illegal string offset 'increase_perf' in /var/www/vhosts/mydomain/httpdocs/plugins/hikashop/google_products/google_products.php on line 109

Warning: Illegal string offset 'increase_perf' in /var/www/vhosts/mydomain/httpdocs/plugins/hikashop/google_products/google_products.php on line 112

Warning: Illegal string offset 'increase_perf' in /var/www/vhosts/mydomain/httpdocs/plugins/hikashop/google_products/google_products.php on line 115

The xml file is for price comparison site.

How can I fix the warings?

Thank you in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13063
4 years 6 months ago #311252

Hi,

This indicates that you didn't configure first the "Google products" plugin settings. So make sure that you set them and save them once before trying to get the XML.

• Hikashop Business
4 years 6 months ago #311305

Hello,

I set some settings for testing and the "Increase performances" to "No limit !" but I go error.
That is a general question regarding the plugin as well: there is any way to export my products on xml? I need one xml feed for a site that compare prices, but it has some specific requirements, and I am thinking that they should be different than Google.

Thank you in advance.

Last edit: 4 years 6 months ago by Giscard.

4 years 6 months ago #311306

Hi,

Well, I don't see how you can have these warnings then.
They shouldn't happen looking at how the code of the plugin is done.
So I'm not sure what's going on on your end.
Can you check that the version of the plugins/hikashop/google_products/google_products.php file (at the beginning of the file) is 4.2.1 ?
If not, rename the file and install HikaShop again on the website so that the installer can add again the latest version of the file.
If that doesn't help, I'm afraid we would need a backend and FTP access to look into the situation.

Now these warnings are not really important.
You can turn off the "error reporting" setting of the Joomla configuration page to not see them (in fact, it should be turned off on live websites, for security reasons).

And regarding exporting products data in an XML file, the Google products is the only way.
The alternative would be to export a CSV (via the export button of the products listing) and then convert it into an XML ( www.convertcsv.com/csv-to-xml.htm )

• Hikashop Business
4 years 6 months ago #311320

Hello,

I checked the version in php file and it is 4.2.1.
Also, I set the "errors reporting" on "None" (it was on "simple"), but I got that: Request Timeout
This request takes too long to process, it is timed out by the server. If it should not be timed out, please contact administrator of this web site to increase 'Connection Timeout'.

Also, when I am trying to export via products listing, I am getting a tree menu.

Attachments:

4 years 6 months ago #311323

Hi,

I'm not sure if you mean that you got that request timeout when you saved the Joomla configuration or when you tried again to get the XML after saving the Joomla configuration successfully.
If the error happens when you save the Joomla configuration, you should check for such issue on forum.joomla.org
If the error happens when you try again to get the XML in the plugin, it indicates that your hosting has some restrictions regarding memory/execution time which can't be overridden by the plugin.
In fact, the issue you describe with the CSV export button on the listing, indicates that you have restrictions in place on your hosting which are too low to be able to do this process.
So I would recommend to seek advice with your hosting support and try to increase the "max execution time" and the "memory limit" for your website. These can be changed in the php.ini of the server.

• Hikashop Business
4 years 6 months ago #311353

Hello,

I get that warning when I tried to export the xml file.
Ok, I will ask my hosting provider to increase my memory limit. I know how to do it, but I think that it would be better to ask them.

So, I will be back here tomorrow.

Thank you very much nicolas.

• Hikashop Business
4 years 6 months ago #311367

Hello,

I have requested the change on server.

I have read about the specs on google products and I dont think that that export will help me, because the specs on the xml feed that I want are different.
Here are the specs: developer.skroutz.gr/feedspec/

How can I export an xml file from Hikashop with costum specs like those for example?

Thank you in advance

EDIT: I got answer from server hosting, the suggest to use batching(?) for exporting the files or exporting them in local server. Ehm, what should I do?

4 years 6 months ago #311369

Hi,

Well, the XML from the Google Products plugin is the closest thing you can get from a HikaShop shop.
If that's not good enough, then I can only think about developing a XML export plugin specifically for that platform.

Regarding the answer from your hosting, they are telling you to either:
- modify the code of the plugin to export the XML file in several requests to the server instead of one. That basically requires rewritting the plugin completely to work like that.
- export your website and make a copy of it on your local computer with xamp/wamp and run the export from there. That way, the restrictions will be the one you set in place on your local server and not the ones they have in place.
Basically, they are telling you that they won't help you for your problem and to just deal yourself with the situation.

Last edit: 4 years 6 months ago by nicolas.

• Hikashop Business
4 years 6 months ago #311388

Hello,

About the xml file: as I read via google documentaion for google products, the fields are different, so I cant do much... How that xml report can be developed? To be honest, I am sure that I cant do that.

About hosting: Well.. I understand that I am alone from what they said. I told them that I need an xml feed and I cant do that on local server. How can I update the price comparison site every one hour that way? Maybe my lack of exp helped them as well, I suppose.

4 years 6 months ago #311390

Hi,

Yes, it needs developer skills to do that.
To develop a plugin similar to what is in the Google Products plugin but for the specs at developer.skroutz.gr/feedspec/ will require a confirmed developer to spend at least a few days working on that.
So that's not cheap. It will cost several hundred euros, maybe a thousand or more.

If you're a developer, you could look at the code of the Google Products plugin, make a new plugin based on that code and modify the plugin code to adapt it for these specifications. You can find the code of the Google Products in the plugins/hikashop/google_products/ folder.
Note however that if you have a lot of products, and your hosting doesn't want to increase the resource restrictions on your website, and you don't want to change your hosting, you'll end up with similar issues with your new plugin...

• Hikashop Business
4 years 6 months ago #311410

Hello,

Understood. So what can I do now?

Edit: They insist on batching because I have many products (110k) and even the increase of memory limit wont help, as they said. From your expirience nicolas, what will be the right values in memory limit and max execution time to be set on?

Thank you very much for your help, because server problems is not a Hikashop problem..

4 years 6 months ago #311435

Hi,

110K products is indeed a lot. Loading all the products in memory like the Google Products plugin does would require too much resources for so many products.
So I would indeed recommend a batch process for that amount of products. In that case, I'm afraid that without developing a plugin / script for that, you won't have any solution.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Giscard

• Thank you received: 114
4 years 6 months ago #311441

Hi,

@Giscard

I may be wrong but you can try to look into CSVI Improved component. It has a lot of options for importing, exporting anything related to Joomla or any other component like Hikashop.... As for us it is time saver component.

Thanks

The following user(s) said Thank You: nicolas

• Hikashop Business
4 years 6 months ago #311458

Hello,

@nicolas Thank you very much for your help. I will try to figured it out and if there is a problem I will come back on that thread again.

@kyratn Thank you for your suggestion. I will look into that, because it seems helpful due to my number of prodcuts.

Time to create page: 0.093 seconds