• Thank you received: 2
4 years 4 months ago #312616

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.2.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.12
-- PHP version -- : 7.2
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Several

Hi,

I have a number of issues while Testing Hikashop Essential 4.2.2 on a Staging domain - while the Live installation is elsewhere.

When I Import the CSV into Hikashop :
Notice
The line ';;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;product category;;;;;;;;;;;' could not be imported Product not found
The line ';;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;product category;solar_panels.jpg;Solar Panels;;;;;;;;;;;' could not be imported Product not found
The line ';;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;Solar Panels;artsolar_logo.png;Art Solar;;;;;;;;;;;' could not be imported Product not found
The line ';;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;Solar Panels;canadian_solar.png;Canadian Solar;;;;;;;;;;;' could not be imported Product not found
The line ';;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;Solar Panels;cnbm_solar_panels_logo_1735007194.png;CNBM Solar;;;;;;;;;;;' could not be imported Product not found
The line ';;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;Solar Panels;gcl_solar.png;GCL Solar;;;;;;;;;;;' could not be imported Product not found
The line ';;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;Solar Panels;renewsys_solar.png;RenewSys Solar;;;;;;;;;;;' could not be imported Product not found
The line ';;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;RenewSys Solar;1_1125405458.jpeg;3M6;;;;;;;;;;;' could not be imported Product not found
The line ';;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;RenewSys Solar;1_831742751.jpg;Prime;;;;;;;;;;;' could not be imported Product not found
The line ';;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;Solar Panels;risen_solar.png;Risen Solar;;;;;;;;;;;' could not be imported Product not found
The line ';;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;product category;phoe_3000.jpg;Inverters;;;;;;;;;;;' could not be imported Product not found
The line ';;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;Inverters;1_1872702943.jpg;Grid-Tie Inverters;;;;;;;;;;;' could not be imported Product not found
The line ';;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;Grid-Tie Inverters;4_2091984332.jpg;Victron;;;;;;;;;;;' could not be imported Product not found
The line ';;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;Victron;1_333518211.png;Victron MultiPlus Compact;;;;;;;;;;;' could not be imported Product not found
The line ';;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;Victron MultiPlus Compact;inverter12v_1503195893.jpg;12V;;;;;;;;;;;' could not be imported Product not found
The line ';;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;Victron MultiPlus Compact;inverter24v_2086608282.jpg;24V;;;;;;;;;;;' could not be imported Product not found
The line ';;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;Victron;1_1605494864.jpg;Victron MultiPlus 800VA-5000VA;;;;;;;;;;;' could not be imported Product not found
The line ';;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;Victron MultiPlus 800VA-5000VA;inverter12v_287003209.jpg;12V;;;;;;;;;;;' could not be imported Product not found
The line ';;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;Victron MultiPlus 800VA-5000VA;inverter24v_1274152860.jpg;24V;;;;;;;;;;;' could not be imported Product not found

Furthermore the following is causing issues too :
1) The Category image is removed
2) The Uploaded File in each Product is removed - (Each product had a PDF Spec Sheet for the client to download)

EDIT - When I rechecked the Front end, some Category images are there but some Products are gone and all placed under an incorrect Category

I tested this by Exporting a CSV from Hikashop.
I only changed the Prices as that is currently all I need to change.
I am using Open Office Calc to produce the CSV file

File Attachment:

File Name: hikashopex...ited.csv
File Size:563 KB

Attachments:
Last edit: 4 years 4 months ago by Uriel.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

4 years 4 months ago #312640

I also Installed Libre Office and trying the same Import - I am getting the same issues

• Thank you received: 13037
4 years 4 months ago #312617

Hi,

Note that the CSV import tool's main goal is to add new products.
Updating the information is possible but then if you use the CSV from the "export" tool, you'll miss some fields and other bits, messing with your data.
For example, in your CSV, I can see that you have several times categories with the same name. So when you import that CSV, HikaShop won't know which product goes with which category of the same name.
Since your only goal is to import the prices, you should remove all the lines without anything in the "product_code" as they are there just to recreate the category tree (which you don't need since you already have all the categories in place).
You should also remove the "parent_category", "categories" and "categories_image" column since you don't want to update the categories of the products.
Regarding the datasheets, I don't see why they would be removed, but again, if you don't need to update them, you should just remove the column from the CSV. That will prevent any issue with that process.

4 years 4 months ago #312664

Hi Nicolas, thank you for your reply.

You said :
"Since your only goal is to import the prices, you should remove all the lines without anything in the "product_code" as they are there just to recreate the category tree (which you don't need since you already have all the categories in place)."

Are you saying I should remove all Blank lines in the CSV? Or should I also be removing the "Product Code" Column?

You said :
"Regarding the datasheets, I don't see why they would be removed, but again, if you don't need to update them, you should just remove the column from the CSV. That will prevent any issue with that process."

Which Columns should I remove for this not to happen in the CSV?

Which Column do I use to change Pricing?

I am attaching a CSV Example of what I think you meant :

File Attachment:

File Name: hikashopex...ited.csv
File Size:523 KB

Attachments:
Last edit: 4 years 4 months ago by Uriel.

4 years 4 months ago #312666

Hi,

1. I'm saying that you should remove the lines where the "product code" cell is empty. There are no blank lines in the CSV. You should not remove the "product_code" column.

2. The "files" column is the one you want to remove.

3. You want to change the values in the "price_value" column in order to change the price of the products.

Last edit: 4 years 4 months ago by nicolas.

4 years 4 months ago #312722

Thank you for the reply Nicolas, I appreciate.

Is my CSV 100% right then?

To Simplify things - Can I just remove all columns with no Values other than the ones we will be using?

4 years 4 months ago #312726

Yes, you can remove the empty columns.
Also, you don't want the "categories_ordering" column.
The rest of your CSV looks good.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Uriel

4 years 4 months ago #312856

Thank you - I appreciate Nicolas

Time to create page: 0.089 seconds