Import 1000 items and their details and images

• Thank you received: 0
4 years 1 month ago #315237

I have an existing shop that I'm looking at migrating across to HS
Various comments here concern me as to the volume of items (1000) i have the categories (6) and descriptions as well as the fact that each item has an image.

Is this possible?
Does the system export and reimport to enable prices across categories to be updated in the csv and then reimported?
Or will this require phpmyadmin export to csv to achieve this?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1778
4 years 1 month ago #315252

Hello,

Can you give us more information about your existing online shop ? Is it using Hikashop ?

Kind regards,
Mohamed.

4 years 1 month ago #315265

"I'm migrating across" ... meaning from something else ... Opencart
That install has been compromised in some way and I'm intending to export out the 1,000 items etc via phpmyadmin as a CSV

Export/import is a regular occurrence (monthly) as items in various groups have their prices changed and manually updating 300 items individually is not about to commence.

Not sure what else you are seeking to know

• Thank you received: 13037
4 years 1 month ago #315296

Hi

It shouldn't be a problem.
For the import of the images, it would be best to directly upload them via FTP to the upload folder where they are stored in images/com_hikashop/upload/
That way, in the CSV, you can just enter the file name in the "images" column and they will be linked during the import.
If you have the URL of the image in the images column, then HikaShop will have to download the images for each product, and it will considerably slow down the process and since HikaShop will be limited by the "max execution time" setting of your php.ini it can potentially crash in the middle of the import if it takes too much time (no worries though, you can just run again the import and it won't break anything... it's just that not everything will be imported).
Regarding the update, it should not be a problem either.
1000 products is not much for the import process. The only issue I can see is the image downloads as I explained above.

4 years 1 month ago #315951

Thanks for that
Happy with the image issue
Now to see how the import from the totally broken MijoShop goes. :pinch:

Time to create page: 0.072 seconds