Import customers informations and their orders

• Thank you received: 6
  • Hikashop Business
3 years 10 months ago #319686

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.3.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.17
-- PHP version -- : 7.3.16

Hello.
Briefly: I'm restyling an active site, upgrading it to the business version and translating it.
I'm doing all this stuff on a test version of the site, so the main one is still working, with new customers registering and buying on it.
Now my question is: how can I import all the data related to these new customers and their orders to the final version before putting it live?

Thank you.
Davide

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
3 years 10 months ago #319698

Hi,

You can delete the tables with hikashop_ (or at least the tables hikashop_order, hikashop_order_product, hikashop_history, hikashop_user and hikashop_address ) in your test website's database via PHPMyAdmin. Then, export them from your live website and import them on your test website.
You'll get all the new data from HikaShop.
Then if your checkout has regisration, you'll also want to migrate the Joomla users. There are some extensions for that on the Joomla Extensions Directory.
Then, install again the Business edition install package of the latest version so that it can add all the missing tables and columns from the tables you've migrated and resynch the Joomla user accounts.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Jokingmind

• Hikashop Business
3 years 10 months ago #319803

Hi Nicolas,
thanks for the quick answer.
The first try to import just the tables related to hika orders seems to went well.
Now before trying to move the clients too I have just one moer question.
In the new version of the site I've added some new custom fields to the address table, as the client is moving from a wholesale e-commerce to a public one, so the registration process is changed a bit.
As I'll import the hika user related table and those belonging to joomla, will I loose these new fields?
Not a big problem, I can rewrite them quite quickly.
Just to know; cause if there's no new client I could skip that step. Could I?

Thanks again!
Davide

3 years 10 months ago #319808

Hi,

For the Hikashop tables, if you have created custom fields on one website, I would recommend creating similar custom fields with the same "column name" on the other so that both websites' tables contain the same columns. That way you won't loose the data already entered by users in these fields.
Now even if fields are missing, when you click on the "check database" button of the HikaShop configuration, it will verify that all the columns it needs are there and create them if not.

Regarding the Joomla tables, I don't know. I suppose it depends on the tool you're using for the migration. I'm not familiar with them so I can't say. And yes, if you don't have new user accounts, you can skip the migration of the Joomla user accounts. The process will thus be much simpler.

• Hikashop Business
3 years 10 months ago #319927

Hello again.

The new custom fields are available only on the new version of the site, thus no one has already filled them with informations.
So about that we should be ok.
What we have to do now is to fill these new fields with the already registered users data, so that they don't have to do it.
I've started learning the mass actions, but I found a new problem.
If I try to update the new fields values I got a 1054 error.
Unknown column 'hk_tipo.tipo_cliente' in 'field list' D:\siti\zoeshop\libraries\joomla\database\driver\mysqli.php:665

As you can see from attachments the new field is a single dropdown.
Any suggestion about that error? I'm quite new about MySQL language so maybe I'm doing something wrong filling the values.

One more question as we are here:
I've created a HS contact page. The admin is reciving the mails but not the client who wrote it

. As it's a good feedback of a sent email I would like to know if it's possible to activate that service.

We are moving away from the title of the ticket so if you prefer I'll do 2 new tickets to help keeping the forum organized and easy to search.
Thank you!

Attachments:

3 years 10 months ago #319986

Hi,

That MySQL query error looks like there is a missing column in the database. Click on the "check database" button of the HikaShop configuration and it should help.

It's normal that the client doesn't receive the email. We don't offer that option as it's the best way to have your website send spam emails since anyone can write any email address and any content to be sent by your website. That would lead to your email server to be flagged as a spammer, and your hosting shutting down your website or your access to the email server or something else that you don't want to happen.

It will be better to create new threads if you have new questions yes.

• Hikashop Business
3 years 10 months ago #319996

Thank you Nicolas.
I'm gonna open a new thread about the MySql error as the database check is something I've already performed after a lot of search on forum and didn't helped.
See you there :)

Davide

Time to create page: 0.082 seconds