How do i upload product information directly from Smartmedia file?

• Thank you received: 2
  • Hikashop Multisite
3 years 9 months ago #321933

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.3.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.19
-- PHP version -- : 7.4.7
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Google Chrome

Hi,

We have our 3rd party company to prepared the product images, product information and etc.

From there we will have to download each our products detail from Smartmedia system and it will be in zip file.

In the zip file there will be product images, product information in excel format and xml file.

How can we upload all these data into Hikashop system directly using that file?

Here is the sample file we obtain from Smartmedia.

File Attachment:

File Name: GREENCURRY195G.zip
File Size:39 KB

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13067
3 years 9 months ago #321943

Hi,

There is no way to do that.
First, you would have to open the xlsx with libreoffice calc or office excel and modify the columns to match HikaShop's columns, and save it as a CSV, and then upload via FTP the images in the images/com_hikashop/upload/folder an then you could import the CSV in HikaShop.
If it's only one big xlsx file with all the products data in it, that should be no problem doing it like that.
But if you have one zip file for each product, then that would either require:
- I think that RO CSVi can import XML files directly, and I think they have a "template" mechanism where you can save the columns conversion so that you don't have to do it each time: rolandd.com/
It would need some confirmation from them, but I think that would allow you to rapidely import the products data once setup.
- A script developed specifically. The script could even get directly the ZIP file, extract it, move the image files where they should go and run the import all automatically. That would require a developer to work on it so it would of course be the most expensive solution but the easiest for you.

• Thank you received: 2
  • Hikashop Multisite
3 years 9 months ago #321970

Can you suggest any trusted developer to develop this? And how much you expect the cost for the development. We can try all the options we have.

Thanks.

• Thank you received: 13067
3 years 9 months ago #321981

Hi,

We have a list of partners here:
www.hikashop.com/home/our-partners.html
You can ask partners specialized in development.
For example, TsukiDev could work on that :
tsukidev.com/
They are one of our long standing partners.
Regarding the cost I would expect several hundred euros. I would say below a thousand. It depends on the specifics of what you need imported in the xml / xlsx files, etc.

Time to create page: 0.061 seconds