Invalid Product codes on product CSV import

• Thank you received: 1
  • Hikashop Essential
3 years 3 weeks ago #331319

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.4.1 (build 21-03-24)
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.25
-- PHP version -- : 7.4.15
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox 86.01

After I import from CSV file I get an on-screen "Notice" and "Message" after the import that reports various things that either worked or failed. Is there any way of seeing in more detail what has failed? Like what are to 40 invalid product codes? --See attached pic. Which column in the import CSV file is the product code? The text in the 'product_code' column looks ok (but with lots of '_' inserted). Since I did not generate this text could I delete all this column text and import again?

Thanks

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
3 years 3 weeks ago #331321

Hi,

These messages are for the category rows you have at the beginning of your CSV. So it's normal that no product code was found for them as only category data is mentioned.
So you can just ignore these messages.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Day

• Thank you received: 1
  • Hikashop Essential
3 years 3 weeks ago #331379

That's fine, the numbers work out.

Do the columns in the import CSV need to be in the same order as outputted? I'd like to relocate a few columns to the row start for a 3rd party to update details easily without having to scroll around lots. Can I leave them in this changed order or do I have to return them to their original positions before importing?

Also, what happens if there are some columns missing? Do they all need to be there? I know I can leave some blank.

• Thank you received: 13069
3 years 3 weeks ago #331381

Hi,

The order of the columns in the CSV doesn't matter.
You need to have the same number of columns for each row.
However, you can remove columns you don't need provided you remove them for all the rows.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Day

Time to create page: 0.066 seconds