Importing without category columns

• Thank you received: 11
  • Hikashop Business
3 years 1 week ago #331498

Hi there!
I m strungling importing a csv with some columns (product_id product_parent_id product_name product_quantity product_code product_published product_type product_msrp price_value price_access)

Import finishes well but products almost the half lost their categories ids. And went to the parent category.

Can I import without category columns?
Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13062
3 years 1 week ago #331499

Hi,

First please note that there are two import systems in HikaShop:
- The import in the Products>Import menu, which is meant to import new products primarily.
- The import filter of mass actions in System>Mass actions, which is meant to update products information.

I'll suppose that you're using the first one here. So first, I would rather recommend you use the second one for what you want to do, it's much more suitable.
Then, if you use the first import, if you set the "product_type" to "variant" and you have the id of a main product in product_id (or the code of a main product in product_code), it will actually remove the categories of that product as the system will suppose that you're importing variant. So it could be linked to that.
Also, with the first import, if you have the option "Update products information if the product_code already exists" activated, it will delete the link between the categories and the products if no category is provided in the CSV and the product is found. So make sure that is option is turned off if you don't want that to happen.

• Hikashop Business
3 years 1 week ago #331607

Ok, nice!
I imported a csv in mass actions succesfully with 3 prices but only the last price is written in the db.
Please check

Attachments:

• Hikashop Business
3 years 1 week ago #331608

I belive its easier to have the product prices in three rows thant 1 row with |.
But is it possibe?

Also I just noticed that category link are also deleted from mass action too

Last edit: 3 years 1 week ago by verzevoul.

• Thank you received: 13062
3 years 1 week ago #331621

Hi,

You can't have several rows for the same product in a CSV. It's one row = one product.
That's why you only got one price imported.
Also, in your CSV you've entered "9" in the price_access column for the first price. But you need to have instead ",9," or it won't work properly. The user group ids needs to be surrounded by commas in CSV files.

Regarding the category, I don't see how that could happen.... unless you have another mass action which delete the category for some reason during the import.

Time to create page: 0.061 seconds