Variants not properly linked after upload

• Thank you received: 7
  • Hikashop Business
2 years 6 months ago #336212

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.4.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.10.2
-- PHP version -- : 7.4

Hey,

we have a problem uploading. When we choose IMPORT PRODUCTS FROM TEXT AREA and paste the attached file (upload) into it, we get no error messages and all but 3 products pass.
Somehow the characteristics of the "Extra Cheese", "Extra Vegetables" and the "Extra Meat" are NOT linked?
The variants come in well and as soon as we link the correct characteristics, all names of the variants come along well.

We've been testing for days and have tried everything, but these 3 keep acting weird. Any idea what could be causing this/what we're overlooking?

Regards,
Michiel

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
2 years 6 months ago #336214

Hi,

It's hard to see as your CSV is actually a PDF file and thus it's a whole mess to look at. However, I think the issue is that you didn't enter a value in the cell of the characteristic for the main product.
There, you're supposed to enter the value of the default variant. And that's how HikaShop's import links the main product with the characteristic and selects the default variant (you can see on the screenshot of your variants listing that there is no default variant).

On www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/7...shop-import.html#csv in the "Importing products with variants" section, you can see that the main product "main_product" has "big" entered under the "size" column so that we tell the import that the main_product product is linked to the size characteristic and that the default variant is the one with "big" entered for that characteristic.

• Hikashop Business
2 years 6 months ago #336215

Hello Nicolas,

I'll explain it in another way.

When I upload the "Extra sausjes" products, the characteristics and variants are properly linked in the "Extra sausjes" upload.

product_vendor_id,parent_category,product_code,product_alias,product_name,product_parent_id,product_sort_price,product_type,product_option_method,price_value,categories,categories_namekey,Extra bodemsaus,Extra broodbeleg,Extra divers,Extra fruit,Extra groenten,Extra kaas,Extra kruiden,Extra overige,Extra sausjes,Extra vis,Extra vlees,Kies bijgerecht,Kies broodbeleg,Kies frisdrank,Vleesgaring,Kies groente,Kies sausje
112,2201,111112_ExtraSausjes,111112_ExtraSausjes,Extra sausjes,,0.02,main,check,0.02,Extra,111112_Extra,,,,,,,,,"Algerijnse",,,,,,,,
112,,111112_ExtraSausjes_02,,,111112_ExtraSausjes,,variant,,,,,,,,,,,,,"Algerijnse",,,,,,,,
112,,111112_ExtraSausjes_05,,,111112_ExtraSausjes,,variant,,,,,,,,,,,,,"Barbeque",,,,,,,,

If I then do the "Extra kaas" upload... they are NOT correctly linked.
product_vendor_id,parent_category,product_code,product_alias,product_name,product_parent_id,product_sort_price,product_type,product_option_method,price_value,categories,categories_namekey,Extra bodemsaus,Extra broodbeleg,Extra divers,Extra fruit,Extra groenten,Extra kaas,Extra kruiden,Extra overige,Extra sausjes,Extra vis,Extra vlees,Kies bijgerecht,Kies broodbeleg,Kies frisdrank,Vleesgaring,Kies groente,Kies sausje
112,2201,111112_ExtraKaas,111112_ExtraKaas,Extra kaas,,2.00,main,check,2.00,Extra pizza toevoegingen,111112_ExtraPizzaToevoegingen,,,,,,"Cheddar",,,,,,,,,,,
112,,111112_ExtraKaas_01,,,111112_ExtraKaas,,variant,,,,,,,,,,"Cheddar",,,,,,,,,,,
112,,111112_ExtraKaas_03,,,111112_ExtraKaas,,variant,,,,,,,,,,"Fetakaas",,,,,,,,,,,

All characteristics are in it with identical upper and lower case letters... and yet he does not link these in the product "Extra kaas" as a characteristic?

Regards,
Michiel

2 years 6 months ago #336217

Hi,

This means that the import couldn't find a characteristic and / or values of characteristics to match with the column name / cell value.
Could you edit that "Extra kaas" characteristic and provide a screenshot ?
Also, please check that you don't have extra spaces at the beginning or the end of the name / values.

• Hikashop Business
2 years 6 months ago #336222

See attachment for the screenshot.
We checked the spaces and we have completely re-created these characteristics again to make sure there are no errors.

The weird thing is that we just can't get it right with these 3. All other characteristics go without problems.
Please let me know if I should create a login for you so you can see for yourself.

regards,.
Michiel

Attachments:

2 years 6 months ago #336225

Hi,

Could it be that you have a custom product field with the name "Extra kaas" ?
Or maybe a column named extra_kaas in the hikashop_product table in your database ? (you can check with PHPMyAdmin)
Besides that and what I mentioned before I don't know what it could be. And in that case, I would need a backend and a FTP access to check the situation.

• Hikashop Business
2 years 6 months ago #336256

Hi,
There is no custom product field with that name and also did not find a column named extra_kaas in the table.

This message contains confidential information

Really hope you can help..

Thanks..

2 years 6 months ago #336261

Hi,

Ok, I did some debugging and I think that the issue is that you have a value of one of the characteristics with the text "Extra kaas". And so during the import the system mistakenly select that value to link it to the main product instead of selecting the main characteristic with the same name.
And thus, on the product edit page, when it looks for that link, it doesn't find it because it searches only for links on characteristics and not on values.
A simple solution will be to rename the value "Extra kaas" to somthing else. Then, you can use a translation override to change it back.
For example, you could use the text MY_VALUE_TEXT and then add the translation override:
MY_VALUE_TEXT="Extra kaas"
That way, it will look the same to you and your users, but the import system won't mistakenly use it instead of the main characteristic.

Time to create page: 0.075 seconds