• Thank you received: 2
  • Hikashop Essential
1 year 10 months ago #342402

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.5.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.10.9
-- PHP version -- : 7.4.29
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : firefox 100.0.2
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : No error

Is there a way to take all of the products (including images) and install on a new website?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13064
1 year 10 months ago #342404

Hi,

Yes. Click on the "export" button of the products listing and that will give you a CSV file you can import on another website. Regarding the images, they are located in images/com_hikashop/upload/ so you can just download them all via FTP and upload them on the new website via FTP again. If you're using HikaShop on the new website, after the import and the upload of the images in the same folder, you'll get the images in the products automatically.

• Hikashop Essential
1 year 10 months ago #342410

Great. I will give that a try. Thanks for your help...

• Hikashop Essential
1 year 10 months ago #342431

Ok, I exported products in a CSV file to my local computer then imported it to my new site. I got tons of error codes. It looks like the categories imported ok but none of the products. See attachments.

Attachments:

1 year 10 months ago #342432

Hi,

The red messages indicate that you had created characteristics on the old website and used them in your products but you didn't create the characteristics in the new website before the import. And thus, the import complains that it has data for the products that it can't add because it doesn't know what to do with these extra columns.

The blue messages indicate that you have some rows in the CSV without product data, and that's normal as these are the category tree rows, so you can ignore them.

The last message indicate that some rows couldn't be imported. That's probably the variants of the products (since the characteristics are missing).

So you should recreate the characteristics with the values similar to how you have them in the old website and redo the import and it should work fine.
Alternatively, you can export the hikashop_characteristic table and import it on your new website via PHPMyadmin. It will automatically add all the characteristics and their values so you can just run the import after that.

• Hikashop Essential
1 year 10 months ago #342458

Okay, I imported original hikashop_characteristic table into the new site. It seems to be good. Before I upload CSV file and Upload file (images), what about my menu items. I have menus to show "product listing" of each individual category. Do I need to recreate every menu or is there a quick way to create all menus? Maybe this is a Joomla issue but I thought you may know. Thanks in advance...

1 year 10 months ago #342462

Hi,

RO CSVI apparently has a solution for that:
rolandd.com/documentation/ro-csvi/joomla.../joomla-menus-export
rolandd.com/documentation/ro-csvi/joomla.../joomla-menus-import

Otherwise, a nice solution is to use Maximenu CK :
www.joomlack.fr/en/joomla-extensions/maximenu-ck
It has an integration with HikaShop to automatically generate dynamic menu items based on HikaShop categories in it's menu module:
www.joomlack.fr/en/documentation/maximen...egamenu-for-hikashop
However, it requires configuring the menu look so that it looks like you had before so it can be a bit long at the beginning. However, once setup, you have zero maintenance since you don't need to update your menu items each time you change categories in HikaShop, so in the long run, it can be worth it.

• Hikashop Essential
1 year 10 months ago #342463

Ok. Great. That's some really good info. I'll look into it. Now, I've imported the hikashop_characteristic table into the new site and I see it there. That works. I've uploaded the original "upload" file into the new site and I'm assuming it's there. But when I try to import the CSV file I'm still getting errors and no products seem to import. See screenshots. Thanks.
It shows that 593 products were found. 0 new products imported, 54 invalid product code, 539 already existing products. But I don't see any existing products in the backend. Not sure what I'm doing wrong...

Attachments:

1 year 10 months ago #342464

Hi,

It could be a category issue. Try clicking the "rebuild" button of the categories listing.
Also, it could be an issue with the link between products and categories. Try clicking the "check database" button in the HikaShop configuration.
If neither works, I would need a backend access and a copy of the CSV file in order to check on the situation.

• Hikashop Essential
1 year 10 months ago #342495

Okay, did both things. Looks like some tables were fixed/added but it still won't accept the CSV file. How do I send you the backend access info without it showing publically? Plus the CSV file?

1 year 10 months ago #342499

Hi,

You can send a message to contact AT hikashop DOT com
Make sure you include a link to this thread for reference.

1 year 9 months ago #342603

Hi,

Thank you for the accesses.
I was able to reproduce the problem and do some debugging on your website. I found the issue which came from a change we made in the 4.6.0 for the new import events we added. Another piece of code in the import was indirectly affected by the changes leading to the import not importing the products in some cases.
I've made a patch on your website and I can confirm it fixes the problem. Now, I can see all your products.

I've also added the patch as a hot fix in the 4.6.0. So for anyone else with the same issue and reading this, you can just download again the install package of the 4.6.0 and install it on your website to get the patch (or update to the future 4.6.1, 4.6.2 etc, if you're reading this in a few weeks/months).

• Hikashop Essential
1 year 9 months ago #342609

Thanks Nicolas for all your help in this matter. From my experience you and your folks at Hikashop give the best support. Thanks again....

The following user(s) said Thank You: nicolas

Time to create page: 0.071 seconds