Import from Redshop fails

• Thank you received: 0
1 year 6 months ago #345155

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.6.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.10.11
-- PHP version -- : 7.4.30
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox 104
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : 1146 Table 'cardyoud_#__j4.#__redshop_category_xref' doesn't exist SELECT * FROM `rddata_redshop_category` rsc LEFT JOIN `rddata_redshop_category_xref` rscx ON rsc.category_id = rscx.category_child_id LEFT JOIN `rddata_hikashop_reds_cat` hkrs ON rsc.category_id = hkrs.reds_id AND category_type='category' WHERE rsc.category_id > 0 ORDER BY category_parent_id ASC, ordering ASC, category_id ASC;

Hi
I tried to import from redshop version 3.0.2

First I got an error 1054 missing a column in manufacturer, I added the column and then it moved on - now I get:

1146 Table 'cardyoud_#__j4.#__redshop_category_xref' doesn't exist SELECT * FROM `rddata_redshop_category` rsc LEFT JOIN `rddata_redshop_category_xref` rscx ON rsc.category_id = rscx.category_child_id LEFT JOIN `rddata_hikashop_reds_cat` hkrs ON rsc.category_id = hkrs.reds_id AND category_type='category' WHERE rsc.category_id > 0 ORDER BY category_parent_id ASC, ordering ASC, category_id ASC;

It seems like the import is really broken

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13037
1 year 6 months ago #345156

Hi,

The RedShop import was made 10 years ago. We've added fixes for several years, but it's been 4 years no one reported any bug with it.
The last one was here:
www.hikashop.com/forum/import-export-csv...m-reshop.html#289380
And it was with RedShop 2.

So I suppose that RedShop 3 has many significant changes to the database layout since then which aren't taken into account in the import.
If I look at the SQL install script of RedShop on their github ( github.com/redCOMPONENT-COM/redSHOP/blob...ll/mysql/install.sql ), the #__redshop_category_xref table doesn't exist anymore.
I'm afraid it would require a lot of work to make the import compatible with RedShop 3.
I would recommand checking litextension.com/hikashop-migration/reds...hop-migration-2.html
While they don't claim support for HikaShop 3 and 4, I've helped a few months back someone who got their data migrated to HikaShop 4 by them. So it should be ok. The big question is which version of RedShop they support. Because I suppose they might not be aware that RedShop 3 database structure has changed a lot compared to older versions.

The last possibility would be to just make a CSV export of the product data in RedShop and import it in HikaShop. You would loose the user addresses and old orders, but it's better than nothing.

• Thank you received: 1
  • Hikashop Essential
1 year 5 months ago #345376

As redSHOP now more or less is dead, it could gain you a lot of customers if you made it possible to migrate from redshop 3.0.2 directly to Hikashop - just saying.. you are loosing customers to other shop solutions, by not developing this.

I know there a many danish customers running on redSHOP, and many of them would like the posibility to migrate to a shop that is maintained, unlike redSHOP. But if there is no fast migration path, then they might as weel choose another shop system, as the workload would be the same.

Last edit: 1 year 5 months ago by rbuelund.

1 year 5 months ago #345392

Hi,

I understand that.
However, developping an import mechanism is not easy. It's hard work, while the perspective to gain users from it in the future is quite limited since RedShop is dead, as you said.
I'm afraid no ecommerce solution will be willing to develop such a migration mechanism in light of this.
The cost of such development is several thousand euros. It would be hard to get back the investment with a few users using it.
Of course, if someone wanted us to work on it for them, we could, but that's expensive.
That's why I proposed an easier path: Migrating just the products with an export/import
For the orders, you could leave temporarily an access to the orders history from RedShop. The user accounts are already compatible since they are in Joomla. So the main issue would be the users having to reenter their address during the checkout.

• Hikashop Essential
1 year 5 months ago #345570

Well - then I think the two customers I have on redSHOP right now are going for PrestaShop instead. And the development of e-conomics integration and shpimondo, is then not neccessary after all, as they are allready present in PrestaShop.

• Thank you received: 0
1 year 5 months ago #345610

I fully get you point. I have been a heavy user of Redshop and knows it pretty well, I am also a database developer, so I fully agree with you that it is a time consuming task and I fore sure do not think that you will ever get your money back on this :-)

I will see if I can find a way to move bits and pieces over and if it works I will share it here :-)

As far as I can see HikaShop is what I want to use for the succession from RedShop, so I will put a bit of effort into it :-)

• Hikashop Essential
1 year 5 months ago #346075

@Nicolas if you should develop a custom import funktion for redshop versions 2.1.2.1 and 3.0.1 what would the cost be? and yes, I know it will be expensive..

1 year 5 months ago #346088

Hi,

It will be expensive, but it depends on what you want to import. The more things there are to import, the more work is necessary, and thus the more expensive it will be.

Note that for RedShop 2, the import we already have in HikaShop should work, more or less. Did you have issues with it ?

Also, if @StefanMehl has made an import, maybe some of it (or all of it) could be reused in your case. So it's worth check what he has done.

Last edit: 1 year 5 months ago by nicolas.

• Hikashop Essential
1 year 5 months ago #346112

I will make a test with the redShop 2.1 database.
@StefanMehl - do you have anything working for migration of a redShop v 3.x ?

• Hikashop Essential
1 year 4 months ago #346166

I just tried an import from a redshop 2.1.2.1 - I get this error: "Unknown column 'rsm.manufacturer_id' in 'where clause' " ???
It happens just after pressing Next after this line in the import: "• Imported Taxations: 12"

Last edit: 1 year 4 months ago by rbuelund.

1 year 4 months ago #346167

Hi,

This is during the import of brands/manufacturers. Could you open the "structure" of the redshop_manufacturer table in the database of the website with your PHPMyAdmin and provide a screenshot of what you see ?

• Hikashop Essential
1 year 4 months ago #346218

Here you are:

Attachments:

1 year 4 months ago #346222

Hi,

Thanks. It seems that table is quite different from what the import expects. Could you export all the redshop tables from your database (without the data, just the structure):
stackoverflow.com/questions/8962143/export-database-structure
And provide a copy of it so that we can check the extent of the changes that would be required to make the import work there ?

• Hikashop Essential
1 year 4 months ago #346225

Hej you have a dump of the structore of the redshop tables:

File Attachment:

File Name: sql_redshop.zip
File Size:16 KB

Attachments:

1 year 4 months ago #346230

Thanks. This export looks quite similar to the structure I can see on github.com/redCOMPONENT-COM/redSHOP/blob...ll/mysql/install.sql for RedShop 3. So similarly, it would require doing a new import script.

• Hikashop Essential
1 year 4 months ago #346246

So what you wrote earlier about being able to import redSHOP version 2 to Hikashop is then not true ? What versions of redSHOP CAN be imported then ??

Last edit: 1 year 4 months ago by rbuelund.

1 year 4 months ago #346247

Hi,

As I said in my first message on this thread, last time someone imported something from RedShop, and we heard from it, was with RedShop 2 (2.0.7 to be precise) here: www.hikashop.com/forum/import-export-csv...m-reshop.html#289380
And we made it work and the current version of the import from RedShop is based on that. Since then, we didn't look at the RedShop import as no one seemed to migrate from it anymore, or they didn't had issues with it.

So I don't understand why your RedShop 2 database's structure would be close (identical ?) to a RedShop 3, unless RedShop decided to change the database structure in the 2.1.0. Maybe that's the case ? Please understand that I'm not part of the RedShop team and don't know what they're doing years ago.

• Hikashop Essential
1 year 4 months ago #346255

I understand that.

Here you have the changelog for version 2.1 of redShop: github.com/redCOMPONENT-COM/redSHOP/blob...cs/releases/2.1.0.md
As I wrote earlier redShop is a more or less dead project: redcomponent.com/

So right now pretty many customers would wanna migrate to another shop-system. I understand the challenge in developing af new migration script - but i am shure it would gain you new customers.

Time to create page: 0.104 seconds