Dropshipping in easy way

• Thank you received: 3
  • Hikashop Business
1 year 6 months ago #345444

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.6.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.11
-- PHP version -- : 8

Hi,
What's the easiest way to implement dropshipping in your store? The client provides an xml file with products, we convert this file to csv for hikashop (xml import in hikashop would be very useful) and we update the products every day. The problem is that the client also has other manually entered products that cannot be removed or modified during the update. What's the easiest way to do it?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13062
1 year 6 months ago #345446

Hi,

Well, supporting XML would be a way to make it easier I guess. The problem is that there is no standard "XML" format. Could you provide a copy of a XML on your end so that we could see what format is used ?

• Thank you received: 3
  • Hikashop Business
1 year 6 months ago #345475

Thank you.

I have already made a another system that convert XML for CSV that is supported by HikaShop. I have also make a cron job to import products.

But when I’am importing products from file, product that was created by client by him self, manually is disappearing. If I turn off function “Delete variants not in the CSV”, product that was deleted in supported XML file still is in shop, so I can’t do that.
It could be perfect to have a function in HikaShop that will prevent deleting product that was manually insert by user on import CSV file. Maybe some checkbox in every product – don’t delete this product during importing CSV file.

It would be also grate to import XML files. With CSV files there is a lot of problems. I spend on this many hours and many errors occurs.

Maybe now is some solution to my problem and I don’t know about it?
Than you for help and I hope so, that my opinion will be helpful for you.

The following user(s) said Thank You: nicolas

• Thank you received: 13062
1 year 6 months ago #345479

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback.
It would indeed require adding an extra checkbox in each product and an extra option to the import so that it would exclude the products with the checkbox checked when deleting them.

Time to create page: 0.060 seconds