Copying hikashop data base from a test site to a production site

• Thank you received: 0
1 year 4 months ago #346823

-- url of the page with the problem -- : clubfeeling1090.fr/t/category/15-vetements
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.6.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.10
-- PHP version -- : 7.4.25
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : chrome 107

Hello,
I have configured new products, characteristics, variants on a testing web site. And I would like to copy the DBs impacted by this configuration to my production site.
- Which are the impacted data bases , their names ?
- Where are they located, which directory ?
- Can I push them with FTP transfer (Filezilla) to the production site ?
Many thanks,
Gerard

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13035
1 year 4 months ago #346826

Hi,

1. It's not data bases but tables. The tables impacted if you only want to migrate the products data are: hikashop_product, hikashop_product_related, hikashop_product_category, hikashop_file, hikashop_variant, hikashop_characteristic and hikashop_price

2. The database is not accessible via FTP. The database is normally accessible via the PHPMyAdmin access provided by your hosting. Usually, it can be accessed through cpanel or a similar hosting management tool.
In PHPMyAdmin, you can export the tables mentioned in point 1 and import the file in the PHPMyAdmin of the other website.

3. FTP won't do for the data. However, if you've also added images or files for these products, these are stored in the media/com_hikashop/upload and images/com_hikashop/upload folders of your website. So you'll want to download/upload them via FTP so that HikaShop can use them with the data pointing to them in the database tables.

• Thank you received: 0
1 year 4 months ago #346835

Thanks very much Nicolas,
I did it, and it works !! :)

• Thank you received: 3
1 year 2 months ago #348090

Hi Nicolas,

I am looking to update my Joomla production site from Joomla 3.xxx to 4.xxx but having experienced a major fail updating one site from Joomla 3 to 4, I have decided to copy all of my Hikashop tables to my new site. I can then update the original site to Joomla 4 and reimport the tables. However, I have a copy on my Joomla 4 site of Hikashop with all the data in - shoes, computing, ebooks and automobiles and all their products but I cannot see the new products etc.

On my Joomla 3 site the database name is 'g2049' and the tables are 'jm_' and on the Joomla 4 site the database is c667 and the tables are 'c667_'. I have figured out how to export the files but when I import them again having selected the table in phpadmin, it throws up an error. I can see some of the tables that I have imported at the end of the database - 'jm_' - but I can't figure out how to integrate them into the main database - tables c667.

I'm sure it must be something simple.

Many thanks.

Simon

1 year 2 months ago #348091

Hi Nicolas,

Sorry but the info should read, ....Joomla 4 site the database is c667 and the tables are 'cqld7_'......

Thanks

Simon

1 year 2 months ago #348093

Hi,

Before importing the file, you can open it with notepad and do a search and replace to change one prefix to the other.
Once the tables are imported, PHPMyAdmin doesn't have a tool to change the prefix of a bunch of tables at once, so it's better to do it before. Otherwise, you need to change them one by one.

1 year 2 months ago #348102

Hi Nicolas,

Thanks, as always, for a speedy reply. Just to clarify, do I need to delete the existing tables that contain your example data or will it integrate into current tables, _product, _product_category etc?

Thanks,
Simon

Last edit: 1 year 2 months ago by simonlindsay.

1 year 2 months ago #348103

Hi,

You would need to delete them. The import won't clear the data already in the tables.

Also, if the version of HikaShop from which you're importing and the one already on the new website are not the same, after the import you can either install the HikaShop install package or use the "check database" button of the HikaShop configuration in order to add back any missing columns in the tables imported from the old website.

1 year 2 months ago #348127

Hi Nicolas,

Thanks!!

Simon

The following user(s) said Thank You: Philip

Time to create page: 0.077 seconds