Issue Importing Product Variations

• Thank you received: 0
1 year 3 months ago #348446

I have done a mass price change to all products via importing a CSV file.
Most products have successfully uploaded, however the problem is that some product variations are missing. When I try to re-import just the missing variations, it says successfully uploaded but the products still do not appear.
If I try to enter them manually, it will not allow me to as it says the product code already exists - but the product is missing!

There does not seem to be any logic to which ones upload correctly and which ones don't - for example, one product has 18 variations, 12 have uploaded correctly and 8 are missing. A similar product, also with 18 variations, has all 18 upload correctly.

How can I get these products to reappear?!
I cannot just re-create them with different codes as the product codes must remain the same.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
1 year 3 months ago #348454

Hi,

This probably means that there is a problem with the CSV.
In it, you need to have first one row for the main product and one row for each variant.
You also need the product_code column (for the code of each product / variant) and the product_parent_id column (with the code of the parent product for variants).
You also need one column for each characteristic, with the value of the characteristic for each variant.
This is required if you're using the Products>Import menu, even if the products and variants are already in the database.
That's because the system will delete the links between the variants and the characteristics to recreate them so that a CSV import can delete the variants that are in the database but not in the CSV anymore.

If you want to simplify the CSV update of variant prices, you should rather use a mass action with a filter "import from CSV file". With this, you can just provide the product_code column and the price_value column to update the prices without having to take into account the characteristics, etc.
However, now that you've imported a CSV file with missing information for the variants, the data of the variants in the database is messed up. The ones you don't see are still in the database, but not linked to a characteristic / value. So to fix everything, you would have to fix the CSV file with the normal import first.

• Thank you received: 0
1 year 3 months ago #348461

Hi Nicolas,

Thank you for the information. My CSV file contains the product code for all products and variants and the product parent id too. It also includes all the characteristics for the varients. It technically *does* work as it will correctly upload 12 out of 18 varients, but for some reason 6 of them won't upload.
Any suggestions?

• Thank you received: 13071
1 year 3 months ago #348465

Hi,

Please provide a copy of the CSV file, the name of a product with the issue, and a backend access so that we can check the situation and I should be able to say what is wrong.
You can provide all that via our contact form:
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html

Time to create page: 0.060 seconds