Downloadable products from Virtuemart To Hikashop Business

• Thank you received: 2
  • Hikaserial Subscription Hikashop Business
11 months 1 week ago #351720

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.7.2
-- Joomla version -- : 4.2.9
-- PHP version -- : 8.1.17

Hi,
I made the "migration" from Virtuemart to Hikashop Business. Everything went fine.

In my shop I have around 100 downloadable products. Most of them have 5/10 downloadable files (for each product). Some single products have tens downloadable files.
Is there a way, even by paying one of your developers, to write a script that fill the field "file path" with all the path files related at every products?

Before I was using this plugin for Virtuemart that creates a custon field for every single file path:
extensions.virtuemart.net/product/bundle...oducts-module-detail

I suppose in the DB every "file path" needs a specific new record related to the single product.
All the downlodable files are stored in a old Virtuemart directory that I can move via FTP and rename in Hikashop component.

Your help will be highly appreciated

By the way, some files are larger than 300 megabytes. I saw that there is a 300 Megabyte upload limit. Using FTP and the file path feature can I use files larger than 300 megabytes?

Regards
Francesco

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
11 months 1 week ago #351734

Hi,

So from what I understand, what you want is to automatically populate the downloadable files in the products of your HikaShop from the data of VirtueMart for the corresponding products.
I think it should be possible with a bit of work.
We would need:
- a FTP access
- a database access
- a backend access
- the folder path where the files are stored for VM
We can discuss this further via email. Please reach us via our contact form with a link to this thread for refence:
www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html

Regarding the size of the files, it's not a problem. The upload limit will just limit you if you want to upload new files via the interface of HikaShop. And that limit is not in HikaShop. It's the limit of your hosting (usually configured in the php.ini). Sometimes, you can even change it yourself if necessary

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.053 seconds