future plugin suggestion - product code search

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 1 month ago #12052

hi it's me again.

I am installing a shop for a company that has about 700 products, so I am noticing many things.

this company has many products whose names are very similar to each other and their customers apparently often identify the correct one by product code so now I notice it would be nice if there was a product code search plugin in addition to the products and category search plugins. if I search for even an exact, specific product code it just says '0 results'.

it would be nice even to pick up partials, for example their codes are like this:
RCG-5530, ECU-7634 and it would be preferable for RCG to pick up the first example or 7634 to return the last.

just a suggestion/future request. thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13072
13 years 1 month ago #12066

If you go in the options of the hikashop product search plugin, you can select on which column the search will be done. That was added in 1.4.6

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 1 month ago #12137

you guys really are awesome, thanks!

I will note that I was not able to use the lightbox picker to do it (I kept getting recycled to main hika admin page in lightbox when I clicked apply) but I simply added product_code manually and it did the trick.

• Thank you received: 4
11 years 6 months ago #71607

Hello, could you give me the link for the search plugin so I can download it please.

• Thank you received: 13072
11 years 6 months ago #71610

The search plugin is installed by default when you install HikaShop. Just configure it via the joomla plugins manager.

The following user(s) said Thank You: mad-q

Time to create page: 0.090 seconds