Pre-Sales Questions. Can Hikashop do the following

• Thank you received: 0
12 years 2 months ago #38624

Hi,

I took a look at Hikashop features and I must say that the business version has pretty much all the features I need, however I have a client with specific needs and before I go an purchase the business version I'd like to know if Hikashop can satisfy these needs by developing plugins.

So here's the situation.
My client has a stock management software "Simply Accounting" which he uses to manage his stock and he wants to be able to synchronize his stock with Hikashop. I know that the stock management software company offers a module to integrate "Simply Accounting" with the store.

What concerns me is that the client has his products organized as follow.
Each line of product has several characteristics, so let's say we have t-shirt and it has 3 colors and 5 sizes and we have a SKU for each combination.
Example:

Product Name Color Size SKU Price
T-shirt 1 Red Small 001122 $11.50
T-shirt 1 Red Medium 001122 $11.50
T-shirt 1 Red Large 001133 $12.50
T-shirt 1 Red XL 001144 $13.00
T-shirt 1 Red XXL 001155 $13.50

T-shirt 1 Green Smal 002211 $11.50
T-shirt 1 Green Medium 002222 $12.00

and so on

Can I accomplish this by developing a plugin and will I be able to upgrade to future versions of Hikashop without messing too much with the plugin?

Thank you very much for your help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13077
12 years 2 months ago #38758

Hi,

Sure you can do that with HikaShop.

When you add characteristics to a product, the system will generate one variant per combination of the characteristics values.
Each variant will have it's own SKU (product code) and can also have it's own price.

So it's just a matter of synchronizing the accounting software with HikaShop via a plugin. Thus you should not have any problem when you update either.
For HikaShop, we have an API available here:
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...r-documentation.html

12 years 2 months ago #38847

Hi Nicolas,

Thank you very much for your answer. I am going to install Hikasohp and see how it behaves and if it fits my client needs. One thing, if I install the basic version (Free) if I update for the Business version, nothing will be lost from my settings or config correct?

I'll let you know if I need help in the future.

Thanks again.

12 years 2 months ago #38964

No, you won't loose anything when you update.

12 years 2 months ago #39016

Hi Nicolas,

I have installed Hikashop and have added two categories with two products and I've noticed that indeed Hikashop creates a new product for each combination of characteristics.
However I'd like to know if it is possible to have different characteristics set depending on the product.

I hope I'll be able to explain my situation.

So my client has products with different sizes and different colors, but some colors and sizes are only available for some products. In Hikashop I have created a characteristic "Color" with all the colors available and another characteristic "Size" with all the sizes available but let's say I have a t-shirt with color, red, blue, yellow, and size s, m,l and another t-shirt with color green, blue and pink with size s, m, l, xl, would it be possible to only display the available characteristics for each t-shirt with the actual system or should I create a new plugin for the characteristics? The reason I need this is because I don't want the user to order a product and being contacted because this product is not available with the color an size eh choose.

I'm sorry if this sounds a bit dumb like question but I right now I don't see how I can accomplish what I need.

Thanks again for your precious help, it is very appreciated.

12 years 2 months ago #39087

Hi,

Once you add your characteristics to the product, click on the "manage variants" button. There, you will be able to delete the variants you don't need for that product. Then, the variants won't be buyable by the users and if possible the characteristic values will be removed from the dropdowns too.

The following user(s) said Thank You: freeman76

Time to create page: 0.061 seconds